Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking tho in terms of a footballer mate. They all say this miss it when they don't play etc. Rooney is rich enough

He has a limited window to earn as much money as he can.

Sure, hes got enough to do him now and probably enough to make sure his kids are pretty sorted, but then, what about his Grandkids?

Anyway, this is all just a game of chess, I personally do not see him at Utd come September, I think hes hoping United pay him off or do something which means he isnt out of pocket to much.

He has a limited window to earn as much money as he can.

Sure, hes got enough to do him now and probably enough to make sure his kids are pretty sorted, but then, what about his Grandkids?

Anyway, this is all just a game of chess, I personally do not see him at Utd come September, I think hes hoping United pay him off or do something which means he isnt out of pocket to much.

He's got more than enough money lol but I agree mate if united pay him of he's happy if it's all money orientated anyway

In other words, his bluff has been well and truly called.

If he really wanted to come here, taking a hit money wise wouldn't make a difference to him, surely he has more money now than he could ever spend.

So he'd rather finish his career by sitting on the bench for two years ?
This game is only starting and it is completely unclear yet as to whose bluff is being called... or will be called.
Rooney is costing Utd a fortune every week. Mourinho obviously doesn't want him at the club and no club is going to pay Rooney anything close to what his current is worth.

As this game is played out I think we will see Utd pay Rooney off at least some of his contract, allowing him to leave...where to is the question , but I still think Everton is by far the most likely destination.

To be honest, why doesn't he just stay there? He is apparently earning 15m a year and still has another year on his contract. United are desperate to get his wages off their bill to free up cash for replacements. Doesn't he hold the cards here?

Talk of an England comeback for the final qualifiers and the World Cup are fanciful. It's his pride and wanting to play that is now being used against him by United - they are relying on this to save c300k per week. He hasn't asked to be sold and has every right to pull in every pound he is contractually owed. For some you reap what you sow, he held United to ransom with his contract negotiations and his threats to leave for City and a perceived lack of ambition - little loyalty now being shown back in his favour and make no mistake his wage has become a problem.

He is well within his rights to stay, Mourinho says he doesn't want/need to sell him so why not stay? It would do their heads in.

There are plenty of twists and manoevering to take place here - any decision on his future won't happen until other pieces fall into place, e.g. Lukaku, Belotti

I've said previously, he is well within his rights to sit tight and take his c15m per annum home. He hasn't asked for a transfer and it's contractually due to him.

Granted, by doing so he gives up on any England chances but they look more distant than ever given Soutgate's indiffference and his own form. However he hasn't asked for a transfer so it's United's problem not his. Why should he take the hit?

It's a potential transfer to us - one that divides opinion - but by us sitting tight and not bidding/enquiring its more likely United will approach us to take him with them facilitating any wage difference, like Fowler to City.

Any possible move should be on our terms, as let's face it, there are plenty of cheaper and younger options out there.

The deal could only make sense if he fits in our new wage structure. He knows that, United know that and so do the fans. It'll be brinkmanship to a degree, but let's not weaken our hand here. If he stays there, good on him, take your dough. if he comes, make it work for us and if he boxes clever he could ensure any shortfall is funded by Utd.

Let's see.

Aaaand welcome to Australia.
IMG_1645.webp

he'll leave Utd. whether he'll take a pay cut to come here appears questionable and if he's his motivation is money and not football then i'm happy with us not signing him. But he won't be a United player next season. My guess is he's just holding out for a good pay-off which i'm sure he'll get.

he'll leave Utd. whether he'll take a pay cut to come here appears questionable and if he's his motivation is money and not football then i'm happy with us not signing him. But he won't be a United player next season. My guess is he's just holding out for a good pay-off which i'm sure he'll get.
That's my feeling really. If he wants to take a huge pay cut to play for us then he probably feels he can still cut it and has drive and determination to succeed so it's a good move. If he just wants one last big pay day then he'll F off to China or wherever and I'm glad we swerved him. We'll see!

That's my feeling really. If he wants to take a huge pay cut to play for us then he probably feels he can still cut it and has drive and determination to succeed so it's a good move. If he just wants one last big pay day then he'll F off to China or wherever and I'm glad we swerved him. We'll see!
what's you gut feeling Shibby? I think he'll be back.

what's you gut feeling Shibby? I think he'll be back.
Me too mate. I think he'll come back and be really effective for us at number 10 with a few younger lads around to make runs and create space around him. I think the technical talent he has still puts him just above the bracket of players we can expect to attract with seventh place finishes and Europa instead of Champions League and his mentality as a winner is just what we need. We need more Colemans and less Jagielkas to take us to the next level imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back