Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want to sign a world class superstar who would make people sit up and take notice, let's push the boat out and sign Rodrigez, he's available. He would cost more to sign, but probably would cost less to pay. He'd sell your shirts, plus he'd actually be a guaranteed starter. That's what an actual world class player looks like, not some washed up old traitor ,the rest of the world has already forgotten about. ( and yes , I know it's an impossible dream ,but still......)

People in football can be wrong. Even Alex Ferguson has a Bebe in his closet. (Not literally, that would be weird).

Ignoring all the reasons above I genuinely don't understand, be it you, another Everton fan, or indeed Koeman/Walsh whoever, how someone can look at the ruddy faced mess of a 2017 Wayne Rooney who has been both ditched by a poor England team and a pretty average Man Utd side and think "He is exactly what Everton need right now".

Putting all sentiment aside I honestly do not get it.

Won everything there is to win in domestic / European football, a proven leader in the dressing room with most importantly a winner's mentality. And a diehard Evertonian (albeit I was as angry when he left). So yes I get it. Do I think he's gonna be valuable to the emerging talent coming through our squad - yes. Do I think he's gonna add passion and leadership on the pitch - yes. Do I think he's at the twilight of his career - yes. Free transfer, yes because it's worth it on for what he adds on a daily basis and occasionally will add on the pitch too.

Won everything there is to win in domestic / European football, a proven leader in the dressing room with most importantly a winner's mentality. And a diehard Evertonian (albeit I was as angry when he left). So yes I get it. Do I think he's gonna be valuable to the emerging talent coming through our squad - yes. Do I think he's gonna add passion and leadership on the pitch - yes. Do I think he's at the twilight of his career - yes. Free transfer, yes because it's worth it on for what he adds on a daily basis and occasionally will add on the pitch too.

He shouldn't even be on the pitch to show any leadership as he is no longer good enough.

It would be a mad signing that wold prove divisive amongst the fans.

And as for being a diehard Evertonian...

If we want to sign a world class superstar who would make people sit up and take notice, let's push the boat out and sign Rodrigez, he's available. He would cost more to sign, but probably would cost less to pay. He'd sell your shirts, plus he'd actually be a guaranteed starter. That's what an actual world class player looks like, not some washed up old traitor ,the rest of the world has already forgotten about. ( and yes , I know it's an impossible dream ,but still......)
Wouldn't that be amazing. That really would have people take notice.

Yeah, but we have absolutely no chance of attracting someone the calibre of Rodriguez. We would very much struggle to even interest rooney himself would it not be the fact that he is a blue

I'd have him, stick him as high up the pitch as possible, just behind a striker and basicslly say to him "save those bifter lungs of yours and make some magic happen where it matters in the final 3rd". He can still pick a pass, still has a shot on him, would still slot a few imo and be a very experienced player if we do end up selling Lukaku and bringing in Sandro with another inexperienced forward with potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back