Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have him, stick him as high up the pitch as possible, just behind a striker and basicslly say to him "save those bifter lungs of yours and make some magic happen where it matters in the final 3rd". He can still pick a pass, still has a shot on him, would still slot a few imo and be a very experienced player if we do end up selling Lukaku and bringing in Sandro with another inexperienced forward with potential.
One thing that comforts me is that Koeman has shown no sign of suffering immobile , slow players in his team. May it remain so.
Yeah, but we have absolutely no chance of attracting someone the calibre of Rodriguez. We would very much struggle to even interest rooney himself would it not be the fact that he is a blue
I can't for the life of me fathom why he would still be regarded as a major signing as some contend. My point is that Rodrigez by comparison is a major signing, the traitor is not . He is no longer an international, the manager ,who tried to sign him a few years back, only played him when he had no other options this season. Nobody will be surprised or overly interested if he washes up at Everton, it is the traditional Man.U retirement home after all.

One thing that comforts me is that Koeman has shown no sign of suffering immobile , slow players in his team. May it remain so.

I can't for the life of me fathom why he would still be regarded as a major signing as some contend. My point is that Rodrigez by comparison is a major signing, the traitor is not . He is no longer an international, the manager ,who tried to sign him a few years back, only played him when he had no other options this season. Nobody will be surprised or overly interested if he washes up at Everton, it is the traditional Man.U retirement home after all.

He's still a massive name globally, it will definitely raise eyebrows. He's not as terrible as people make out, he's just nowhere near what he was ... Which is still a lot better than most.

I'm not sure if we're even interested anymore, and if we are we'll only revisit it late in the window and get a better deal out of it, he'll be more of a luxury rather than a necessity.

Would love James of course, but only a handful of clubs in the world could attract him.

He's back in pre season training already . The Chinese transfer window has opened hasn't it . I'm still in the yes camp although I know it's very unlikely to happen . Too much money .

Can't see this one happening personally. I think it would have already been done if it was.

On Rooney himself I think he would offer something over the season but not sure he would offer enough to warrant the wages he would be on. Perhaps he is the back up option if other targets don't come in?

He still has value, but his wages won't be worth it output. I think he would be seen as a big signing just because of his name alone.

From the way the Sky Sports Everton Extravaganza went after the January window it had seemed like him coming here was inevitable. I am pleasantly surprised he hasn't signed for us. There was no way they would let him be first through the door in a window we replace Lukaku though, that would cause madness among the supporters, so it may still happen yet.

From the way the Sky Sports Everton Extravaganza went after the January window it had seemed like him coming here was inevitable. I am pleasantly surprised he hasn't signed for us. There was no way they would let him be first through the door in a window we replace Lukaku though, that would cause madness among the supporters, so it may still happen yet.
He's money hungry mate.

Unless they subsidise his wage with shares of the club....:oops:...perish the thought!
that might be what the Rooney camp are angling for. He doesn't want to take a drop in wages, doesn't want to leave the Prem because he still thinks he can make the England squad in the summer so will push for a loan with United making up a large % his absurd wage. United get him off the books and save a bit of money and he gets one more year on full money.

that might be what the Rooney camp are angling for. He doesn't want to take a drop in wages, doesn't want to leave the Prem because he still thinks he can make the England squad in the summer so will push for a loan with United making up a large % his absurd wage. United get him off the books and save a bit of money and he gets one more year on full money.
I think he will be angling for a pay off from Utd so he can still negotiate a signing on fee with another club. Got a feeling he will be better off when all this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back