Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure his BMI and all that witchcraft is sound.

But he doesnt look in condition, as an elite footballer anyrate.

So? Is their a book that says how they should look??

Higuin, maradona, gazza.....aguero even!!!

Ronaldo looks that great, a chubby dwarf is still better than him!!!

So? Is their a book that says how they should look??

Higuin, maradona, gazza.....aguero even!!!

Ronaldo looks that great, a chubby dwarf is still better than him!!!

No, and you have a point. There isnt a matrix that all football players should fit.

That being said, once the biological make up of a player starts to mature, it isnt easy to reverse. And the 4 things that have to propel that thickening body around the field, 2 lungs, 2 legs, find it harder to do.

Not saying he is crap, not even saying he is finished, (he has more football ability in his big toe than me), just saying that I aint convinced he looks like he could deliver for Everton.

Based, granted, on a photo on the internet.

This was him when much younger - pre-hair transplant.
He's never been ripped

pic1_wayne_rooney_shirt_off_in_shorts_at_the_beach_007.jpg

This was him when much younger - pre-hair transplant.
He's never been ripped

pic1_wayne_rooney_shirt_off_in_shorts_at_the_beach_007.jpg

Fine.

But after years o being a professional footballer, at the elite level, that physique, I would hope, should be similar.

Unless, the irreversible thickening process is in full swing.

And i looks like it is.

Not s a dig, not even a criticism, just a cold assessment.

A pre-season under koeman might get him fitter than he has been recently. But my biggest concern is koeman wants to employ a high tempo pressing game, I don't think Rooney's body could withstand that tempo of football anymore. The Rooney of 5 years ago would have been perfect for us and that system, sadly not anymore.

I think he reads the game better than just about anyone else in the league. Might not have the speed nowadays but has the vision and the skills. Would love to see him in an attacking midfield Scholes/Pirlo type role

I don't want Rooney anywhere near Everton. But let's not rewrite history, he's never been ripped, both these photos are pre hair op, which was a few years ago.

View attachment 38273

View attachment 38274
That's my point. He doesn't look after himself out of season, never has. The difference now is that he's the wrong side of 30 and it gets harder to get in shape for the season with every year that passes. I don't want us to splurge a serious amount of cash in wages and fees on a guy who may or may not be fit for the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back