Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this playing since he was 16 argument... Almost every player has been playing since before that, different amounts, different levels. And so he was playing men's football at 16... He was strong enough to cope with it because he was a freak and men were bouncing off of him.

And because he was in the team at 16, he didn't play every week, and often as a sub, or was subbed off. He started playing regularly at 18, and the flip side to all of that, is he's also had the very best coaches, medics, Dr's and physios looking after him on a daily basis as well.

People make out as though all players are finished when they are 30 just because some are, and the comparison I see the most Is Owen. Owen and Rooney are completely different cases. Owen was a speed merchant, and had very little else to his game, combined with a touch that made Rom look like Ronaldinho in comparison, so him losing a yard of his pace meant a lot. Rooney, is and always has been one of the most intelligent players in the league, he thinks on a different wavelength to almost everyone else, he is fantastic passer of the ball and he has always had excellent close control and composure.

People talk about life style and looking after himself, well i always think back to Peter Beardsley and the stories about his diet. He played on for years at the top level. Not all players have to look like Ronaldo to be fit enough to play football, and if they did, there would be a hell of a lot less professional footballers in the world.

The biggest issue with Rooney has always been his mentality. He was often hot headed, full blooded, easy to wind up, rash, and argumentative. But he has managed that side of his game a lot over the years. Recently, it appears to have been lack of motivation and or boredom that appears to have affected him the most, ever since the initial fall out with Ferguson. A move back to Everton could be the spark he needs to set him going again.
He does certainly seem to have lacked motivation of late, maybe his lack of involvement has been the cause of that. But worryingly, he's lost his place under mourinho (a manager that rates him so highly, he tried to sign him for Chelsea) and now lost his England place. Of course playing for those 2 teams demands the highest standards, but why should we be any different? Forget about what went on when he left, Rooney has still to offer much as a footballer and his experience, but the system of a high tempo and pressing game favoured by koeman, doesn't suit what Rooney is capable of imo.

A pre-season under koeman might get him fitter than he has been recently. But my biggest concern is koeman wants to employ a high tempo pressing game, I don't think Rooney's body could withstand that tempo of football anymore. The Rooney of 5 years ago would have been perfect for us and that system, sadly not anymore.

Tbf, I don't think he'd be brought here as a starter. I'm not sure if good move relies on lukaku or not. I mean, surely if we kept lukaku, we wouldn't bring rooney in for a cheap fee to be his only backup? But on the other hand we wouldn't have that extra £80m to spend on say Siggurdson, so he could be brought in as that alternative to him as well as being a 3rd/4 th striker with sandro.

He does certainly seem to have lacked motivation of late, maybe his lack of involvement has been the cause of that. But worryingly, he's lost his place under mourinho (a manager that rates him so highly, he tried to sign him for Chelsea) and now lost his England place. Of course playing for those 2 teams demands the highest standards, but why should we be any different? Forget about what went on when he left, Rooney has still to offer much as a footballer and his experience, but the system of a high tempo and pressing game favoured by koeman, doesn't suit what Rooney is capable of imo.

He doesn't have the self control that a player of his age now needs to sustain life at the top, this fag smoking, ale supping, granny banging, money gambling waster burnt his bridges with us years ago, we should not be pandering to his emotional needs by allowing him with arms wide open to waltz back through the door.

He doesn't have the self control that a player of his age now needs to sustain life at the top, this [Poor language removed] smoking, ale supping, granny banging, money gambling waster burnt his bridges with us years ago, we should not be pandering to his emotional needs by allowing him with arms wide open to waltz back through the door.

Except refusing him for any of those reasons is pandering to your emotional needs!

Except refusing him for any of those reasons is pandering to your emotional needs!

upload_2017-7-2_10-57-32.webp

Tbf, I don't think he'd be brought here as a starter. I'm not sure if good move relies on lukaku or not. I mean, surely if we kept lukaku, we wouldn't bring rooney in for a cheap fee to be his only backup? But on the other hand we wouldn't have that extra £80m to spend on say Siggurdson, so he could be brought in as that alternative to him as well as being a 3rd/4 th striker with sandro.
Well frankly, he shouldn't be brought to the club at all. We are not in a position to be paying wages in excess of 100k per week (that he would likely demand). Would he even want to leave united were he doesn't regularly start on his 250k a week, to come to Everton where he wouldn't likely to start either. Somehow I doubt it. He'll only come here if he's guaranteed to play.

The very fact of being linked to signing this fathead is an embarrassment
We should be past signing has beens, let him go China

Cry, bitch, whine and piss your beds all you want. This is happening whether you precious little snowflakes like it or not. Get used to it.

Welcome home Wazza

I will never welcome this fathead home, I will turn my back in protest and jump up and down, everytime Koemoyes subs him on for the final 3 minutes of every other game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back