Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
This...there's Deffo more to it this time
There was always a train of thought that Rooney would come back to us at the end of his career. Sadly I think his career has been in decline the last 18 months. I'd rather just remember Rooney as he was when he first burst on the scene at the club and whilst still a player at Everton the best player at Euro 2004. Although he has tried to mend bridges over the last couple of years, many of the fanbase don't want him anywhere near the club as it is, let alone a player on the decline in the twilight of his career.

There was always a train of thought that Rooney would come back to us at the end of his career. Sadly I think his career has been in decline the last 18 months. I'd rather just remember Rooney as he was when he first burst on the scene at the club and whilst still a player at Everton the best player at Euro 2004. Although he has tried to mend bridges over the last couple of years, many of the fanbase don't want him anywhere near the club as it is, let alone a player on the decline in the twilight of his career.
I've got nothing against Rooney at all. He's always been a Blue and always will be.
Wouldn't want him back as yet another refugee from the United scrapheap. He is not the way forward for us.

Money wouldn't be the issue with him coming here.

He's worth what? High seven figures I would imagine.
He's got more than enough to make a great life for himself and his descendants and as many trophies as any player could hope for.

Winning a trophy with Everton is all that's missing from his career.

That would be worth all the money in China or the MLS to most Evertonians in his shoes.

Or would people on here rather take the money if they were him?

I'd love to see him back.

Read the post from Groucho about Andy Gray. Sheer will to win dragged the team to many victories and many trophies.
Rooney would bring that same mentality.
He may not be the player he was at his peak but he brings along qualities we sorely lack in this squad.

Come back Wayne, all is forgiven.
And I say that having seen most of his games in an Everton shirt and was as heartbroken about him leaving as I was as a youngster when Alan Ball left.

Hate the way some are portraying this as Wayne doing the club some kind of favour. We aren't a friggin charity. The privilege would be solely Wayne's if he came back. Ano if he did he would need to find some hunger and up his game.

Not that I think it's remotely likely

Hate the way some are portraying this as Wayne doing the club some kind of favour. We aren't a friggin charity. The privilege would be solely Wayne's if he came back. Ano if he did he would need to find some hunger and up his game.

Not that I think it's remotely likely

Haha I think you'll find that all those in favour of Rooney returning are hoping that he'll chuck his £300,000 for £50,000 and a lifetime supply of Walkers crisps..........but maybe he will !

A change of club may benefit Rooney as it does lots of players. He has been at Utd for a very long time and it is obvious that time is coming to an end.
I think that in England he will not play for any other club other that Everton. I wonder if the Chinese or even the American leagues would appeal to him...at least not yet.

I think Rooney would love to return to Everton....but there are a lot of obstacles in the way of such a move.
But, even though he is not the player he once was , he would still improve any Everton team.

Hes due in Broadway liverpool sunday for a christerning,i would have him back i think,and think if he played mid he would set up more goals than what our mid player do now
As said friday,hes here for this as well,and for the record not that it matters till/if when it happened,he told that family memeber hes due to be at christerning on that he would end up at everton,but said this 2 years ago lol

Haha I think you'll find that all those in favour of Rooney returning are hoping that he'll chuck his £300,000 for £50,000 and a lifetime supply of Walkers crisps..........but maybe he will !

If 70--80k a week wasn't enough for him to play for his home town team then what does that say about him. If he comes it's his privilege not ours. Personally I hope he doesn't come cause his best days are long gone.

But we already know he's exceptionally greedy given how he held United to ransom.

Money wouldn't be the issue with him coming here.

He's worth what? High seven figures I would imagine.
He's got more than enough to make a great life for himself and his descendants and as many trophies as any player could hope for.

Winning a trophy with Everton is all that's missing from his career.

That would be worth all the money in China or the MLS to most Evertonians in his shoes.

Or would people on here rather take the money if they were him?

I'd love to see him back.

Read the post from Groucho about Andy Gray. Sheer will to win dragged the team to many victories and many trophies.
Rooney would bring that same mentality.
He may not be the player he was at his peak but he brings along qualities we sorely lack in this squad.

Come back Wayne, all is forgiven.
And I say that having seen most of his games in an Everton shirt and was as heartbroken about him leaving as I was as a youngster when Alan Ball left.

Got to laugh at all the romantic delusion. How do people genuinely believe that all Rooney wants is to play for his boyhood team again and win a trophy? Like it's some kind of fairytale he still dreams about. Do me a favour. Wayne Rooney sees £ signs every time he closes his eyes and that's it. Anyone that thinks he still cares about Everton, get real. He cares as much about Everton as Jamie Carragher cares about Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back