Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I'm not sure that would be the case. Man Utd would have to be keen to get him off their books and pay him a large chunk of the remainder of his contract. It's possible that a move might not result in the level of losses you mention.

I hope you're right.

As an Evertonian I shouldn't say this, but the lad is better than all of our current forwards, aside from Rom of course.

I hope you're right.

As an Evertonian I shouldn't say this, but the lad is better than all of our current forwards, aside from Rom of course.

Of course he is.

There are also many other players out there. Its not like we have to sign Rooney or be stuck with the other lot for ever. We could sign someone who is better than our current strikers who isnt Rooney...

Typical Everton going for second best. We should put a bid in for that Bobby Charlton fella. Isn't getting any games at the minute but he's probably still faster than spudhead. Cost less in fees and wages too. Reckon he'd be made up to come to the Man Utd Retirement Home.

I'd have him back if it's soon. If he comes back soon he'll raise the profile of the club, he's still a big name. There's no doubt he's on the downward spiral, he's struggling to get into a struggling team, in two years he won't be able to hit a barn door with a banjo.

I think Rooney should of come back 2+ years ago. However, their whole team is looking poor, but it seems that because Rooney has carried them for so many years he's the first to get the blame. Personally, I think the main thing he has lost at United is desire. What is his motivation anymore?

Only a week ago my thoughts were, bollocks to him, he's left it too late, now though.... he could really do a job for a couple of years. Time enough to get into Europe and open ourselves up to a bigger pot of better players. Its all about taking the right steps and Rooney would improve us.

I think Rooney should of come back 2+ years ago. However, their whole team is looking poor, but it seems that because Rooney has carried them for so many years he's the first to get the blame. Personally, I think the main thing he has lost at United is desire. What is his motivation anymore?

Only a week ago my thoughts were, bollocks to him, he's left it too late, now though.... he could really do a job for a couple of years. Time enough to get into Europe and open ourselves up to a bigger pot of better players. Its all about taking the right steps and Rooney would improve us.
Yes mate the desire thing is huge. The last times I saw him have top performances were in the FA Cup last season and that was all because he'd never won one. He's now won everything at Utd so why should he really care, he's not a fan of theirs and they still don't treat him with respect even after a decade of top performances just because he's scouse. He comes here, he improves us, he raises our profile, he sells us a bunch of shirts, it's a no brainer.

LoL, the club will run with this for the next transfer window to misdirect the fans again.
We cannot afford him, we won,t sign him but as long as it distarcts the fans from what we should be doing in the transfer window ..job done.

Anyone who has watched him over the last 6 months will know he's absolutely spent at this level.

There's a small chance he might adapt his game but with every passing week that's looking less likely. His touch has gone, his passing makes Cleverley's forward thinking and he can't even move quick enough to get himself into positions to score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back