Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this a bit odd Koeman talks about him again. Maybe he is coming back.

On rumours of Wayne Rooney's return: "How likely is it? I don't know, we can hope. Maybe if it happens in the future I don't know. Rooney is very welcome at Everton."

Yes mate the desire thing is huge. The last times I saw him have top performances were in the FA Cup last season and that was all because he'd never won one. He's now won everything at Utd so why should he really care, he's not a fan of theirs and they still don't treat him with respect even after a decade of top performances just because he's scouse. He comes here, he improves us, he raises our profile, he sells us a bunch of shirts, it's a no brainer.

Again, with the kitbag deal it doesnt make one bit of difference how many shirts he sells.

And who the hell will be buying these shirts?

Koeman doesnt seem to like buying youth.

Rooney would also make buying other players we struggled to get this summer more attractive.

Nobody would care about that.

I dont understand who getting a finished player who supports us anyway makes us more appealing to other players. He isnt Messi or Ronaldo.

Actually ill change that somewhat, you may get some other finished players wanting to come to us because we will pay stupid wages to finished players.

What does that mean? A "blue" that jumps ship at the first opportunity and gives his best years to an opposition team and slides across the Goodison turf on his knees having banged in the latest goal against Everton? Are we the only club that has such a weird view like this?

He's a boyhood blue, so regardless of the fact he served an opposing club throughout his prime years and hit the back of the Everton net umpteen times in sheer delight, he's alright la.

Think of the fantastic thread on here (I've spent many a day just going through it) with all the great images of players who served this club with great distinction throughout the years, perhaps the image of Rooney kissing the United badge after he scored against Everton (again) could go in there?
He's a professional footballer doing his job.
He was born a Blue and he's always supported Everton. Are you saying he's not an Evertonian?
What makes him different from you and me is that he earns his living playing football. Lots of players play for one club while supporting another.
If you think this is wrong, then I bow to your purist and idealistic views.

Boyhood blue. Just like Kenwright. Look how that turned out.
Very well, I would say. He became the majority shareholder and chairman of the club he has always supported and he brought stability at a time when we could easily have followed the likes of Leeds, Blackburn, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Portsmouth etc.
For other examples, just have a look at the Championship table.
Yes, it did turn out well.

LoL, the club will run with this for the next transfer window to misdirect the fans again.
We cannot afford him, we won,t sign him but as long as it distarcts the fans from what we should be doing in the transfer window ..job done.
Hi Mr C - optimistic as usual I see - nothing changes

Again, with the kitbag deal it doesnt make one bit of difference how many shirts he sells.

And who the hell will be buying these shirts?
When I talk about selling shirts I'm talking about our brand and people talking about Everton who wouldn't normally. People who aren't proper fans will buy them but that's how Chelsea went from nothing to a hugely attractive proposition, money and brand.

I said no a few weeks ago but now that the Boss has spoken I don't know.
I doubt he'd return to his best but could he do a job ?
Would love to see him in a derby.

When I talk about selling shirts I'm talking about our brand and people talking about Everton who wouldn't normally. People who aren't proper fans will buy them but that's how Chelsea went from nothing to a hugely attractive proposition, money and brand.

Yeah but they did that by spending big and winning things, not by buying one finished player.

I honestly dont think we would get any extra sales from non Everton fans. He isnt as big a brand in the same way that the top players are.

If he takes a quarter of his current wages I'd take him on a two year deal. Simply as a short term solution. I was as angry with him leaving as the next person, but I'd take him in an Everton shirt over Kone, Valencia or Niasse any day of the week. If he doesn't fit into our wage structure though, better off looking elsewhere.

Its an odd one. By any measure, he is still a terrific footballer, albeit on the wane, (soz), and has struggled to command a place under both United and England managers in the last few years.

And putting commercial, (doubtful on that me), or romantic, notions aside, I do struggle to see where he would fit into our first team. Like he is a better footballer than Kev and Bolassie, but isnt a winger. Would not like to see Ross relegated to a supporting role; 2 up front off Rom??

Him in the middle with Gueye?

Dunno.

Can't believe he would take a cut of the order required to come to us, not just wages but sponsorship deals, so you've got to think he'd be 10-15m worse off. Dream on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back