Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might lose/have lost a yard of pace, but his talent won't go anywhere. He's a brilliant footballer and a superb finisher. I think played off Lukaku he could be a great acquisition. He could do well in any of the midfield positions really.

When has he ever played well in midfield?

He hasnt been a brilliant footballer for about 3-4 years now.

When has he ever played well in midfield?

He hasnt been a brilliant footballer for about 3-4 years now.

Fully agree baffling to say he is still world class, united as poor as they are don't want him in their first 11.

Fergie saw the writing on the wall in 2013 when he tries to force Rooney out claiming he had handed In a transfer request.

I would we either develop or. It younger players who may hopefully have their best years at the club or at worst have some resale value.

I also don't want him back for personal reasons, the way he sh*t on the club he proclaimed to love unforgivable and before people say well he was 18, this is th same Wayne Rooney who tried to force a move to Man City when he was a United player.

Fully agree baffling to say he is still world class, united as poor as they are don't want him in their first 11.

Fergie saw the writing on the wall in 2013 when he tries to force Rooney out claiming he had handed In a transfer request.

I would we either develop or. It younger players who may hopefully have their best years at the club or at worst have some resale value.

I also don't want him back for personal reasons, the way he sh*t on the club he proclaimed to love unforgivable and before people say well he was 18, this is th same Wayne Rooney who tried to force a move to Man City when he was a United player.

I know, Kenwright fought tooth and nail to keep hold of the best young player in the country didn't he?

I know, Kenwright fought tooth and nail to keep hold of the best young player in the country didn't he?

Offered him the biggest contract in our clubs history at the time.

A proper blue like Kenwright who remortgaged his house to be involved in Everton getting slated over some snide who couldnt wait to leave at the first time of action and proceeded to act the knob every time he came back for years.

Couldnt make it up.

Kenwright is 100 times the Evertonian that Rooney is.

Offered him the biggest contract in our clubs history at the time.

A proper blue like Kenwright who remortgaged his house to be involved in Everton getting slated over some snide who couldnt wait to leave at the first time of action and proceeded to act the knob every time he came back for years.

Couldnt make it up.

Kenwright is 100 times the Evertonian that Rooney is.

Pffft. Come back when Blue Bill buys his kids Everton tops mate.

He's a professional footballer doing his job.
He was born a Blue and he's always supported Everton. Are you saying he's not an Evertonian?
What makes him different from you and me is that he earns his living playing football. Lots of players play for one club while supporting another.
If you think this is wrong, then I bow to your purist and idealistic views.

It's one difference but it's a very, very significant difference. Footballers who earn the amount of money he does are nothing like us, not one bit. The only language Wayne Rooney understands is £'s and pence, whoever comes up with the cash gets him. The emotional attachment he had towards the club as a kid (when he was like us) is more or less gone completely.

He hasn't lost any of his talent, but things have been a bit stale for him at United for a while.

He's easily good enough to start here imo. I'd back Koeman and Everton to get some good performances out of him.

He obviously has though otherwise he would be getting in the Man Utd and England sides! neither of which is pulling up any trees.

We play one up top usually, he isnt displacing Lukaku and he has struggled to play in midfield. Its another square peg in a round hole and thats before you take into account his wages which will then trigger a bunch of our other players demanding parity and the divisiveness between the fans.

It seems a lot of our fans who want him are earmarking him to take Barkley's places which I think is a bit odd as in 2016 Barkley is (in my opinion) the better player.

5 years ago great (I still would like him...) but in 2016 he just looks a shell of his former self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back