Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside from the 'would you/wouldn't you?' conversation, IF he was to sign permanently in January what sort of fee do people think he might command?

It's a weird one, where his reputation clearly exceeds his abilities, but there's still no doubt that he'd be a massive signing.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Mancs asking for around the £25/30m for him. His wages would be the major stumbling block for anyone who wanted to sign him (maybe not in China) he would have to take a monumental drop in wages for us to be able to afford him.

IF he was available, for the right amount all around, it would be a good move for all involved.

I can't see why anyone would think otherwise.

It's nothing to do with being sentimental - it's the fact that for all the criticism he (mainly correctly) got, he's still a bloody good footballer and would be a huge improvement to our team/squad.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Mancs asking for around the £25/30m for him. His wages would be the major stumbling block for anyone who wanted to sign him (maybe not in China) he would have to take a monumental drop in wages for us to be able to afford him.

In January he will be due something like almost 40m in wages to United over the remaining 2.5 years of his contract, if they want rid I would imagine the fee wouldnt be excessive.

IF he was available, for the right amount all around, it would be a good move for all involved.

I can't see why anyone would think otherwise.

It's nothing to do with being sentimental - it's the fact that for all the criticism he (mainly correctly) got, he's still a bloody good footballer and would be a huge improvement to our team/squad.

No he isnt though!

Thats why you cant see why anyone would think otherwise, because you are ignoring the part where he has been rubbish for two seasons.

I can see why people would want him in the hope that its a loss of form as opposed to him being finished etc.

Its not as if people are just saying "NO!" without giving valid reasons.

I'm not sure you know mate. If he is on the much rumoured £300k pw that's £15m pa with 3 years remaining. Even for United that's a massive amount for somebody who is no longer regular starter. They may just be happy to get him off their wage bill. If not, it's a massive no from me. We're just not in that ball game even with Mosh's dosh.

No he isnt though!

Thats why you cant see why anyone would think otherwise, because you are ignoring the part where he has been rubbish for two seasons.

I can see why people would want him in the hope that its a loss of form as opposed to him being finished etc.

If that's your definition of rubbish I dread to think what you think of our squad.

I'm not sure you know mate. If he is on the much rumoured £300k pw that's £15m pa with 3 years remaining. Even for United that's a massive amount for somebody who is no longer regular starter. They may just be happy to get him off their wage bill. If not, it's a massive no from me. We're just not in that ball game even with Mosh's dosh.

Your probably right mate, as you and Goat pointed out, huge wages to be paying someone to sit on the bench most of the time.

No he isnt though!

He hasn't been rubbish for two seasons though.

His problem is he no longer fits into that United side - he isn't the striker they need and he isn't the creative midfielder.

He comes into a squad like ours and immediately improves what we have in terms of back up for Rom and Barkley.

He plugs a gap in any of the forward roles or even the midfield role.

It's why I said though - only if the deal was right. A loan in January could be ideal.

He has a lot to prove and there'd be no better PL club for him to do it at.

I'd be pretty certain he'd hit double figures in goals for us though, in this hypothetical and probably unlikely situation.

He hasn't been rubbish for two seasons though.

His problem is he no longer fits into that United side - he isn't the striker they need and he isn't the creative midfielder.

He comes into a squad like ours and immediately improves what we have in terms of back up for Rom and Barkley.

He plugs a gap in any of the forward roles or even the midfield role.

It's why I said though - only if the deal was right. A loan in January could be ideal.

He has a lot to prove and there'd be no better PL club for him to do it at.

I'd be pretty certain he'd hit double figures in goals for us though, in this hypothetical and probably unlikely situation.

Its subjective isnt it I suppose? I personally think he has been rubbish.

I dont want to be paying a back up 150k a week. He wont want to be a back up either.

He really cant play midfield in any shape or form right now, he has shown that.

A loan may work yeah. I still wouldnt like him but it would make the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back