Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, you dont keep players whop want to move though. It very rarely happens, he wasnt wanting to sign a new contract so we got a decent deal for him (I still dont think it was a great deal) instead of letting it go to a tribunal.

30m for one of the best talents ever produced in this country

In a bit

Its subjective isnt it I suppose? I personally think he has been rubbish.

I dont want to be paying a back up 150k a week. He wont want to be a back up either.

He really cant play midfield in any shape or form right now, he has shown that.

A loan may work yeah. I still wouldnt like him but it would make the most sense.

But he could easily be a folly for Lukaku in terms of playing just off him.

Allows Barkley to drop back if required and allows us to mix up the system - as we've still got an experienced player in there.

I personally don't think it's likely, and while there's other areas that could/should be addressed first, if he's a realistic option (as Koeman said) I think we'd be silly not to bring him in.

I won't be shedding a tear if he doesn't come back, like.

Your probably right mate, as you and Goat pointed out, huge wages to be paying someone to sit on the bench most of the time.
The other factor in this is Rooney's preference. He may be happy to go to China for a final massive windfall, in which case United may well be able to bring in a decent transfer fee. He's already a very rich man though and by all accounts a strong family man, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he rules out a lucrative Chinese deal. It's all speculation at this stage though.

One thing I can't envisage is him being happy with his current situation.

rooney is complete cack nowadays, not got enough to start in any position for a top 6 side.
id consider him on the bench if he was willing to sit there for free, if not let him go to america or somewhere like sunderland.

I believe he still has a few good seasons left in him and wherever he goes he will attract a lot of interest and attention. I firmly believe that a move back to us, coinciding with confirmation of our new dockside stadium, would make the footballing world sit up, there are plenty of good reasons (not all on the pitch) to hope there's some truth in the rumours.

Your talking about a player who cant stop smoking,eating junk food and generally unable to look after himself for a few years earning top wages,a player who cant be motivated earning mega bucks playing for one of the biggest,most famous teams in the world yet he will get his mojo back playing for us?

At the very most, a loan with a view to buy, see how it goes, no harm in that. I don't want a sub par Rooney back out of sentimentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back