Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually managers, including Koeman, give the stock answer of 'i don't talk about others teams players'. Koeman's been happy to entertain this question twice now though with is very strange. Maybe Rooney wants to come back and has made it clear and we have made it clear we want him so there's only a deal with United standing in the way.

Id take him back. might have lost his pace but his desicion making is still there. he has great vision and can pick a pass. his shooting isnt to bad either. he would be a good mentor for barkley.

I know the wages are an issue but he is also a global brand and will give the club exposure that should help us commercially. especially with the sponsor coming to an end.

Are we still having this discussion? Rooney is a washed up player now, so much so that his game is now basically playing sweeper and spraying 40 yard balls to player who can actually still put in a shift.

Think of all the shirts we'd sell. You could open a shop in liverpool city centre and the airport selling nothing but Rooney merchandise

Endorsements for hair transplant companies too

If this is going to happen better to do it in Jan then wait until the end of the season, if we are going to do it get it done, no point waiting until he is another 6 months older

If this is going to happen better to do it in Jan then wait until the end of the season, if we are going to do it get it done, no point waiting until he is another 6 months older
based off what koeman's been saying, we're quite keen on him. Just seems to be an issue of if he'll be available or not

He might lose/have lost a yard of pace, but his talent won't go anywhere. He's a brilliant footballer and a superb finisher. I think played off Lukaku he could be a great acquisition. He could do well in any of the midfield positions really.

Think of all the shirts we'd sell. You could open a shop in liverpool city centre and the airport selling nothing but Rooney merchandise

Endorsements for hair transplant companies too
Sadly I just don't think that's the case. Everton fans wouldn't buy them, and he'll fall off the face of the earth if he leaves Utd, as far as global consumers are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back