Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 31-year-old striker has found game time hard to come by under Jose Mourinho which has sparked rumours of his departure from Manchester United.

“He is an Evertonian and I am sure the fans would take to him,” Jagielka said.

“He has built the bridges that he potentially burnt many years ago when he was a young lad and you’ll have to watch this space.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../phil-jagielka-believes-wayne-rooney-12096521
I read that more as "let's wait and see what happens" rather than "this is a goer lads, watch this space".

The 31-year-old striker has found game time hard to come by under Jose Mourinho which has sparked rumours of his departure from Manchester United.

“He is an Evertonian and I am sure the fans would take to him,” Jagielka said.

“He has built the bridges that he potentially burnt many years ago when he was a young lad and you’ll have to watch this space.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../phil-jagielka-believes-wayne-rooney-12096521
That's more than anyone at Everton ever says about players at other clubs. That goes for what Koeman said, too.

That may just be because of Rooney's clear links to the club, but it's still strange. It feels like something is going on.

He's finished, if we've got money to spend bring in a youger quality player who will be here for the next 5 years plus.
I'd only consider a loan move in the January window, until the end of the season, on the right wage structure; i.e. heavily subsidised by United. We don't know if his current form is an actual demise, or whether a move back to Everton would rejuvenate him. Also we don't know what the effect on the Goodison atmosphere would be as there's still thousands of fans who haven't, and probably never will, forgiven him for his antics after he left the club. Buying him would be a risk in my opinion.

However, it's possible that he could bring quality to the squad that we don't currently don't have in the number 10 and back up striker positions. Plus it will be difficult to find the right type of long term player we need in the January window. FFS we couldn't even do it in the summer.

I think we all know that if we don't do something in January, then our season will most likely fizzle out when we get knocked out of the cup. A loan move for Rooney may just be the short term answer and, if it works out, consider a permanent move in the summer. If it doesn't, then there's been no long term damage done.

Would take him, but I just can't see it happening. It's absolutely now or never though.

More I think about it, the more I can't see it either.

Purely down to his sponsorship. Hes still a huge "brand" so your Adidas etc aren't gonna be too plussed with him coming here.

MLS will be a best bet

More I think about it, the more I can't see it either.

Purely down to his sponsorship. Hes still a huge "brand" so your Adidas etc aren't gonna be too plussed with him coming here.

MLS will be a best bet

Kaka is currently the highest paid player in the league, he earns 5m a year, he wont go there for buttons.

Plus he would have zero motivation in that mickey mouse league.

He's finished, if we've got money to spend bring in a youger quality player who will be here for the next 5 years plus.

Koeman doesnt seem to like buying youth.

Rooney would also make buying other players we struggled to get this summer more attractive.

Kaka is currently the highest paid player in the league, he earns 5m a year, he wont go there for buttons.

Plus he would have zero motivation in that mickey mouse league.

Don't think the level of the league matters when £££ in key.

Away from wages, sponsorship would still be huge for him.

Rooney has lost his pace, has the touch of a donkey, doesn't score goals anymore and looks like Shrek's twin brother.

Do. Not. Want.

but your are right,
IySPC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back