Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Terry, who I despise, has continued his career playing with a lesser club. Rooney might do a job in the Championship, but I suppose it's beneath him.

Terry isn't any good though. Rooney is only 31 and it's not like they never played him last year.

Yeah agree on that, in fact i reckon Villa could of done better, they have put his name over his present ability. Rooney will be heavily motivated to play for Everton, while Terry will be wondering how Chelsea are getting on while on the Villa park pitch

Honestly , this transfer has far more good than bad.

For a start, he's probably the highest profile signing we've ever made. It's easy to forget when you're in the PL bubble, but Wayne Rooney is an astronomically big name in football. Profile wise he's probably got Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo ahead of him, and nobody else.

United are [Poor language removed], and he holds no affinity towards them at all. I didn't mind united under Ferguson, but now they're almost as bad as Liverpool, their fans have turned mongy without the success, they're just chucking money around for the sake of it and their manager is a hobo who lives off takeaways.

Rooney went there to win trophies , he won everything he could win and now he clearly can't be arsed with them and it shows.

He [Poor language removed] hates the national team circus, and rightly so. The only thing he has left to achieve in football is to prove something at Everton, he could go anywhere in the world for a payrise, he could phone it in at United but he's desperate to come here and show us what he can do.

It's. Not. That. Bad.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't care. Don't want.

Just not for me really. I don't want us to book end his career and give him his final pay day and romantic finish to his career. Doesn't deserve it off of us.

I know it's inevitable though so I'll have to get over it and hope he's boss.

I am with you mate. It is akin to getting dumped by your childhood sweetheart when she is at the peak of her powers for another fella only to accept her back 25 years later after several kids and her breasts are like a pair of spaniels ears

So this supposed blue. Sorry former blue, struts off to join the manc tramps, leaving his boyhood team who at the time were hairline width ( no pun intended Wayne ) from being relegated..... If that wasn't bad enough, he couldn't man up and take a bit of abuse whilst earning umpteen thousands per week, to kiss the badge of a local rival....

Now he wants to come crawling back at a time his career is over, and when Everton as a club are on the brink of something we've not seen or been part of for decades. For him to do so our main asset had to go in the opposite direction as part of the deal ?

Greedy selfish manc knobhead. I will forever hold a grudge against him.

The season after he left we qualified for Champions League so not sure how it hurt us to be honest.

A Sissoko like bullet dodged there I reckon.

If there's been a thawing of the tension between him & our fans, then he'd be better off not playing for us again. If he signs & plays dismally, then the fume would be overwhelming & he'd probably never go to a game again.

The fan in me doesn't like the idea of him spending his prime years with utd and using everton as a bookend, especially with the badge kiss. Kills me. However the pragmatist in me sees this as a smart commercial venture, especially with no transfer fees and ages split with the mancs. Exposure matters and we're lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back