Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes no doubt. But it may be that we are seen as the club who gets the cast off players who can no longer get in the top teams squads but who walk in to evertons team as a regular. Not only that but that we pay massive wages for the privilege . Not the best image of everton for millions around the world who haven't really heard of us.

Liverpool signed Fowler back, and rush, United brought scholes out of retirement, we took Ferguson back, United too a washed up Owen and a crocked falcao on massivecwages and fee for a loan, Chelsea did the same and also did it for pato, they brokectge transfer record for a broken down Torres, brought in shevchenko when he was finished, brought back a old and innefective drogba, city spent 150m on centre backs who can't defend.

Exactly what are you worrying about lad?

Honestly , this transfer has far more good than bad.

For a start, he's probably the highest profile signing we've ever made. It's easy to forget when you're in the PL bubble, but Wayne Rooney is an astronomically big name in football. Profile wise he's probably got Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo ahead of him, and nobody else.

United are [Poor language removed], and he holds no affinity towards them at all. I didn't mind united under Ferguson, but now they're almost as bad as Liverpool, their fans have turned mongy without the success, they're just chucking money around for the sake of it and their manager is a hobo who lives off takeaways.

Rooney went there to win trophies , he won everything he could win and now he clearly can't be arsed with them and it shows.

He [Poor language removed] hates the national team circus, and rightly so. The only thing he has left to achieve in football is to prove something at Everton, he could go anywhere in the world for a payrise, he could phone it in at United but he's desperate to come here and show us what he can do.

It's. Not. That. Bad.
I literally disagree with every word of this post. Utter tosh. Well done.:)

Don't remember Neville bringing a winning mentality to everton, we've been losers for over 20 yrs unfortunately
Yeah I can see your point - winning was the wrong word. From what I understand, Neville was brought in to professionalise the squad, reduce the really bad influence of Ferguson behind the scenes and provide a strong guide for the youth coming through. At the time there was no strict management of the youth team - Neville talked about.

United have stopped printing his name and took the captaincy off him. If that's not a kick out the door with a massive foot then I don't know what is. They don't want him, they have disrespected him in my opinion, he is their most successful player over the last decade and he is already forgotten about at United. The sooner he comes the better.

It'll be interesting to hear what he says to the Echo etc when he does come, probably tell us all he wanted to be here all those years ago and that he wanted to win all those medals with us. It'll be something like that to help him get back on the side of the haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back