Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most upsetting thing about this deal is that means it's unlikely we'd get sigurdsson and worse still likely Ross would leave

So anyone who has the desire and will gets to play for Everton? it has nothing to do with any sort of God given natural ability? or being lucky enough to get scouted? what a load of absolute garbage.

He was what age by then? 22? and been playing in premier league for 6 years by then? old enough and experienced enough to know better, but any blue worth their salt wouldnt have done that at any age, at least youre kind of admitting it was wrong...

Just accept it, hes not a massive blue, certainly no bigger than anyone else, he may have thought he was until he got into the professional game but he clearly prioritised other things over Everton, anyway how do you measure how big a blue someone is? or is it just an arbitrary measurement you pull out of your hat to fit your argument at any given point? If you are happy for him to come back for footballing reasons, thats up to you, but he certainly doesnt deserve the admiration of Evertonians or any kind of euphoria surrounding his signing, hes done absolutely nothing to earn that, he never hung round for a season or two when he had time on his side, never won anything with us, I cant even recall him featuring in a winning derby team (maybe Im wrong if anyone can confirm?) and now hes comming back in his twilight years and people want to roll out the red carpet and unfurl the bunting? nah, not for me.

As for you last comment, grow up, it makes you look like you're clutching at more straws than worzel gummidge having a tommy tank

His ability was created by hard work and desire and not by a fictitious God. It was driven by his desire to play for the team he loves and support.

Getting up early for practise and putting the hours in, he has put a lot more effort in than you and me. I'm big enough to admit it and accept that he is a better blue than me due to that effort and hard work.

So, will he get the no.9 jersey if he signs? If not, will we be bringing in someone else to take over from Kone? ;)

I'm just saying: if Lukaku goes there for £75M or even £85M you'd have to say the Rooney return is the sweetener in that...although many wont see it as a sweetener.

I reckon £85m is fair though I would be slightly disappointed with £75m (I do think there will be add ons though).

I reckon £85m is fair though I would be slightly disappointed with £75m (I do think there will be add ons though).
I would have said so a few weeks back. But if Liverpool are said to be holding out for £87M for Coutinho from PSG then we have to be looking at squeezing mid-£90M range out of United for a proven PL scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back