Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are on the same points as us and he can barely get into their team which has been by and large crap for a wile.

There are more players out there! Good for Rooney that he had a decent game. Here is hoping he continues to do it for United until he retires.

Lets get someone who can do the same but is younger, isnt about to fall off a cliff ability wise and isnt a complete and utter knob.
Whilst i totally agree that there are more (younger/long term)players out there who could eventually do the same as Rooney...however i also think after this summer's feck up trying to entice 'Champions league' players to a mid table club didn't really work either!
Rooney would definitely help us to raise our profile (short term) surely ?
...If Rooney came back in January could it not also possibly convince other potential big name signings to commit?

Whilst i totally agree that there are more (younger/long term)players out there who could eventually do the same as Rooney...however i also think after this summer's feck up trying to entice 'Champions league' players to a mid table club didn't really work either!
Rooney would definitely help us to raise our profile (short term) surely ?
...If Rooney came back in January could it not also possibly convince other potential big name signings to commit?

I'm not convinced at all. I don't think Rooney is as much as a draw as we think he is. If he was in his prime then maybe but he obviously isn't.

It sends the wrong message to me in another way. Players like Barkley, Davies etc may look at it and think "Oh I can leave the club I love to win trophies as they will have me back one day regardless like they did with Rooney."

....can't see Rooney moving until the summer. I think he wants to break Charltons club scoring record and see out this season.

Exactly this. 3 more goals to be an outright United 'legend' (in the same way he is an england goalscoring 'legend'). While the record is there to be broken and he is still getting the odd game he will stay.

Los Angeles FC owner Tom Penn has declared his interest in bringing Manchester United and England captain Wayne Rooney to the MLS in 2018.

Rooney has been linked with a move away from United in recent months after falling down the pecking order under manager Jose Mourinho.

The 31-year-old, who is under contract at Old Trafford until 2019, turned down the chance to join Beijing Guoan in the summer, according to the Chinese Super League side's honorary chairman Lou Ning, and affirmed his commitment to United.

LA FC will make their debut in the MLS in two years' time and, despite Rooney's reported desire to stay at United, Penn revealed the forward is one of a number of players the club is currently targeting as they look to assemble their first-team squad.

"Wayne Rooney is an example of the calibre of player we are looking to bring to LA FC," Penn told ESPN FC.

"He is one of 10 names we are looking at, but we are a long way from signing anybody up right now.

"We are still 18 months away from our first MLS game, so we will see if players of Rooney's status and reputation are interested.

"But LA FC is a club with the ambition to match its surroundings, so it is important for us to attract players with a global reputation."

I think he will go for a final payday in China or the USA, so can't see him running out in a royal blue jersey anytime soon.

So our academy players go off and have successful careers? nothing wrong in my eyes if they think they can't have one here.

It's down to us to offer them that career mate, we have proven once this century we couldn't do that
If we deem a player not good enough and he returns at a later date I've no problems with that.
If a player chooses to leave us for better prospects goodbye and good riddance.
We should have more ambition than to be a feeder club, we shouldn't just accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back