Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Stubbs re-signed as a player again?

Strange how that toad escapes any blame for Rooney leaving.

...I very much doubt Stubbs influenced Rooney to leave. I also very much doubt he would've gone to Newcastle even if Everton accepted their offer. Rooney departure to one of the worlds top clubs was inevitable and turned out to be highly successful. I really think folk are naive to think an outstanding talent would stay at a club for the sole reason he supported them. It doesn't work like that.

...I very much doubt Stubbs influenced Rooney to leave. I also very much doubt he would've gone to Newcastle even if Everton accepted their offer. Rooney departure to one of the worlds top clubs was inevitable and turned out to be highly successful. I really think folk are naive to think an outstanding talent would stay at a club for the sole reason he supported them. It doesn't work like that.

Mate Rooney was exceptionally close to Stubbs - still is i believe, and stubbs was in his ear - then again they did share the same agent whose interest was moving Rooney on.

As for Rooney, he was going that Summer regardless of if it was United< Newcastle or anyone else who offered us 'decent' money, the club wanted to sell him, in fact due to the incompetence at board level it needed to sell him to avoid going belly up.

Christ, Rooney was involved with hyland, then Stretford, his dad getting his legal/contract advce of Dooley who was a thief acting as a solicitor, to think he moved for 'footballing' reasons is unbelievably naive, he was a not too bright and very uneducated young lad in way over his head with a lot of people set to earn a lot of money of moving him to United and away from Everton, never stood a chance of staying even if he wanted to

I find it odd that a 31 year old is being written off as finished when a 36 year old is one of the must start players in our squad? True Rooney isn't playing to his usual standards, but that could be as much to do with a player being stale after such a long time at the club! Provided his wages weren't insane I would have him back in a heartbeat. With regards the like a of Barkley and Davies, I think they would see his arrival as the opportunity to play alongside and learn from a truly world classs player?

I find it odd that a 31 year old is being written off as finished when a 36 year old is one of the must start players in our squad? True Rooney isn't playing to his usual standards, but that could be as much to do with a player being stale after such a long time at the club! Provided his wages weren't insane I would have him back in a heartbeat. With regards the like a of Barkley and Davies, I think they would see his arrival as the opportunity to play alongside and learn from a truly world classs player?

Playing devils advocate though, Barry is a model pro and Rooney certainly hasn't been close to that, throw in he's had a lot more injuries and that he did rely on pace unlike Barry who never had any and it all says he should are a lot faster.

Also is Rooney actually world class anymore, not close to it in my opinion.

Bringing Rooney back seems to hinge around us believing he'd get a spark back here that's gone at United, a big risk if the decline is physical not motivationally.

Playing devils advocate though, Barry is a model pro and Rooney certainly hasn't been close to that, throw in he's had a lot more injuries and that he did rely on pace unlike Barry who never had any and it all says he should are a lot faster.

Bringing Rooney back seems to hinge around us believing he'd get a spark back here that's gone at United, a big risk if the decline is physical not motivationally.
Of course he's not 'world class' anymore, I'm not sure if he ever was to be honest. He would still be a huge upgrade on Kone, Valencia and Niasse though. It depends on how much him and his wages would be whether it would be a good deal though.

Of course he's not 'world class' anymore, I'm not sure if he ever was to be honest. He would still be a huge upgrade on Kone, Valencia and Niasse though. It depends on how much him and his wages would be whether it would be a good deal though.

At the time Ronaldo was lighting the league up for United he was world class IMO mate, but actually was sacrificing a lot of his game to accomodate and bring the best ut of ronaldo during those 2-3 years

Then again the entire world class term is open to huge debate about what it actually means and hw strict the criteria is on who is or isnt

I'm going to get shot down here but in my view Rooney was already world class when he played for us. Thats why United paid 30m for an 18 yo. He was the undoubted star of the euros in 2004 (and there were s number of world stars in that competition who he outshone). He's never actually been as good since in my opinion.

..not sure Rooney 'isn't close' to being a model pro. He's got a reputation of being a dedicated trainer and a really good mentor to younger players at his club. I know a bloke who's wedding him and Coleen went to on New Years Eve and although he has a drink he didn't touch a drop because he had games over the holiday.

I'm going to get shot down here but in my view Rooney was already world class when he played for us. Thats why United paid 30m for an 18 yo. He was the undoubted star of the euros in 2004 (and there were s number of world stars in that competition who he outshone). He's never actually been as good since in my opinion.
its easy to forget just how good he was when we sold him and how young he was. The potential he had was frightening. I think at his peak he was the closest thing England had produced to a genuine world class player but he never reached the levels his potential promised.

That isnt what happened, we had to sell him because we needed the money to shut the banks up, and Paul Stretford was working behind the scenes for his own interest, if anything it was more Everton wanting to cash in then it was him wanting to move. As for Newcastle not a chance he was going there, Lukaku is about as likely to go there in Jan

The biggest contract offer in the clubs history was offered to him and he jibbed it off.

That's fine, good for Rooney, he went to gain some success elsewhere.

Nobody has said Newcastle was an option! A bid came in for him as he had demanded a transfer which was accepted as he backed us into a corner. Whether he was going to go there is irrelevant.

He was made up to go, you could see that from the reactions when he came back. If the United fans didnt hate him he wouldnt be giving us a second glance.

Well we might as well just pack up and call it a day eh?

He didnt have to leave us the first chance he got did he?

Mind you they may as well leave seeing as the manager doesnt seem to think we can offer anything either.

We are a ridiculous club at times. Look at the state
I didnt say that!

He demanded a move, Newcastle came in for him, we accepted as we had no other option.

He wouldnt have wanted it because he wanted his DREAM move to Man Utd.

Without doing anything of note for us.

With the transfer window closing

At 18 years old.

Boss blue.

Rooney made the club £25m+

Kenwright has made/will make around £40m from the club. Yet You think one is a boss blue and one isn't (to put it lightly).

Your storyline doesn't add up either, if he didn't want to go to Newcastle then united wouldn't have even came in for him. They weren't interested in him that summer there are quotes all over he place about this.

You use evidence like it was his idea to do it last minute as the transfer window was closing yet when you look at Everton in the years following this it should tell you all you need to know. It's exactly the way we did business for over a decade afterwards until Moshiri came in.

I find it odd that a 31 year old is being written off as finished when a 36 year old is one of the must start players in our squad?

Mate there is so many double standards when it comes to rooney. Happy to play barry but not rooney, Hold leaving against him after we nearly got relegated and yet any of our players who left their club in similar fashion is dismissed. There is even this notion that a 19 year old lad who could barely talk to a tv camera coherently masterminded leaving the club that he spent the past 12 years coming back and watching, raising his kids to support, and still supporting.

Just does my head in, we were crap, rooney was too good for us, he had a boss career as a result.

I will play Devils advoate here also. When was the last time Rooney actually played in his best position for club or country? there seems to be this notion that Rooney is suddenly crap because he can't be an effective midfielder, yet he spent his career as a striker? So perhaps giving him a run of games as a striker would determine what level he is at now rather than label him as 'past it' because he can't play a different position? Said it before, shearer didn't have to play as a midfielder, so why hold that standard to rooney?

That isnt what happened, we had to sell him because we needed the money to shut the banks up, and Paul Stretford was working behind the scenes for his own interest, if anything it was more Everton wanting to cash in then it was him wanting to move. As for Newcastle not a chance he was going there, Lukaku is about as likely to go there in Jan

He's not interested mate, already brought up the fact we had to repay a £10m loan back (the amount we got upfront for Rooney-what a coincidence) 14 days after we sold him.

sorry but it wasn't inevitable that he cleared off the way he did. certainly not at 18. he's just greedy, always has been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back