Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
it adds up perfectly. everton didn't want to sell, united didn't want to buy. fckhead though wanted badly to leave and so got his scumbag agent to get his mate at Newcastle to put in a bid.

If the lad badly wanted to leave he would have put his transfer request in before Newcastle made a bid then wouldn't he.

Everton didn't want to sell yet paid out his entire upfront fee Less than 14 days later to the bank and still had no money afterwards. Where was it coming from if we didn't see him?

Mad how people can't see the wood for the trees in all this.

United did want to buy mate.

They wanted to buy at least 2 years before they did, according to Alex ferguson. They were in for him when he was 16, only to be told where to go, and that a deal would/could be done in the future.

They were in for him at least twice if not 3 times before 2004. At a time when he didn't need the clubs permission to go either, Yet if you listen to some he left at the first chance he got.

so when Ferguson put in his authobiography how Kenwright was wailing down the phone to his mum about Rooney leaving, Fergie made that up did he to do Bill a favour?
right. all a plot. ok. Rooney actually wanted to stay and was forced out. what a hero eh

Ferguson also said it was only a negotiating tactic.

At least tell the full story.

United did want to buy mate.

They wanted to buy at least 2 years before they did, according to Alex ferguson. They were in for him when he was 16, only to be told where to go, and that a deal would/could be done in the future.
Charlton at the time is quoted as saying they didn't need him that summer, they of course did want him, but didn't need him that summer. their agenda anyway is beside the point, my issue is that it is cystal clear who forced that deal, Rooney not Everton

People going on about how Rooney masterminded a move from Everton...Really? The lad was about as smart as a plank of wood when he was 18 (Not much smarter now just experienced in his line of work). His agent/advisors forced that move due to the massive windfall they were due to make from it. For me I'd welcome him back but I wouldn't be going out of our way to sign him, assuming we are interested in him.

People going on about how Rooney masterminded a move from Everton...Really? The lad was about as smart as a plank of wood when he was 18 (Not much smarter now just experienced in his line of work). His agent/advisors forced that move due to the massive windfall they were due to make from it. For me I'd welcome him back but I wouldn't be going out of our way to sign if, assuming we are interested in him.
Rooney wanted out, Stretford said, 'great, I'll get you out'

Charlton at the time is quoted as saying they didn't need him that summer, they of course did want him, but didn't need him that summer. their agenda anyway is beside the point, my issue is that it is cystal clear who forced that deal, Rooney not Everton

Rooney did not force the deal. That i can promise you, between Ferguson/Kenwright/stretford/Dein you put the blame on a 19 year olds shoulders? Think about it mate, super agents, highly succesful businessmen and managers, crap owners and you blame rooney for pushing the deal?

Ferguson also said it was only a negotiating tactic.

At least tell the full story.

It was Aug 2004 and we had just played Everton. Bill Kenwright was crying. As we studied the Everton chairman in his sorrow, he announced that he would like to make a call. Through his tears, Bill said: “I’ll need to phone my mother.”

“They’re stealing our boy, they’re stealing our boy,” he said down the line. Then he passed the phone to me. “Don’t you dare think you’re getting that boy for nothing.That boy’s worth £50m,” said a female voice.

Sorry but anyone who believes Kenwright either did this (he's never denied it) or that it wasn't just a pantomine act by him is an absolute idiot

If the lad badly wanted to leave he would have put his transfer request in before Newcastle made a bid then wouldn't he.

Everton didn't want to sell yet paid out his entire upfront fee Less than 14 days later to the bank and still had no money afterwards. Where was it coming from if we didn't see him?

Mad how people can't see the wood for the trees in all this.
so you're saying a bank was demanding 25 million pound (ie not any nonthly payment, but the capital) back and if they didn't get it they would foreclose? ie they were forcing us to sell off our assets at ridiculous prices just so they could get their money back. What bank does that?seriously? as long as you pay the monthly, that's all they are interested in. And even if y0u are right, we would have just gone to another bank and used Peter to pay Paul. And also, where did the money come from to buy Beattie Davies Kroldrup Arteta and Neville come from? it certainly didnt' come from our CL stint, cos we didn't qualify.

It was Aug 2004 and we had just played Everton. Bill Kenwright was crying. As we studied the Everton chairman in his sorrow, he announced that he would like to make a call. Through his tears, Bill said: “I’ll need to phone my mother.”

“They’re stealing our boy, they’re stealing our boy,” he said down the line. Then he passed the phone to me. “Don’t you dare think you’re getting that boy for nothing.That boy’s worth £50m,” said a female voice.

Sorry but anyone who believes Kenwright either did this (he's never denied it) or that it wasn't just a pantomine act by him is an absolute idiot
I believe no matter how genuine or not it was, that it happened. Ferguson wouldn't fabricate a story like that for his autobiography, especially as most people buying the book wouldn't really read too much into the everton side of things.

More to the point, what does it tell you about Kenwright as a chairman that potentially he would go to that extent over Wayne rooney? The same Chairman who told Moyes for 2 years he wasn't getting a penny to spend, the same chairman who loaned the club to the high hills, the same chairman who denied any knowledge of a crook being involved with the club?

And now we are apparantly sending him to porto and napoli and expecting him to bring some players back with him?!

Playing devils advocate though, Barry is a model pro and Rooney certainly hasn't been close to that, throw in he's had a lot more injuries and that he did rely on pace unlike Barry who never had any and it all says he should are a lot faster.

Also is Rooney actually world class anymore, not close to it in my opinion.

Bringing Rooney back seems to hinge around us believing he'd get a spark back here that's gone at United, a big risk if the decline is physical not motivationally.
I don't disagree with the points you have raised Blue, bringing any player in of his age is a risk, but I do believe he was world class even if he can't wear that mantle now. His passing range and his ability to score crucial goals, coupled with his engine and his often declared positive attitude and influence in the dressing room would make him a no-brainier for me. The only caveat I place on it is wages, what we absolutely shouldn't be doing is trying to match the wedge he would earn in USA or China. But if he was prepared to come to us on sensible wages I would take him.

yes.it's all very Bill, but it is totally absurd to say that Everton set this deal up with United if we were carrying on like that. either we set it up or we didn't.or are you saying that throughout our setting up of the deal we pretended we didn't want to sell? in which case how the hell can we be accused of setting the thing up if all our actions pointed the other way?

I really want to believe that actually happened, it's a truly incredible story, had me laughing so much I was fearing for my life the first time I heard it.

Rooney did not force the deal. That i can promise you, between Ferguson/Kenwright/stretford/Dein you put the blame on a 19 year olds shoulders? Think about it mate, super agents, highly succesful businessmen and managers, crap owners and you blame rooney for pushing the deal?
what' you think at 19 he was this babe in arms, and that he isn't pretty much the same person now, dangling himself in front of Man city for more money, extracting the most out of every situation, even if it costs him the respect of the club.s supporters? as he said at the time. 'I'm big enough, and strong enough to handle any flack that comes my way'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back