Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate there is so many double standards when it comes to rooney. Happy to play barry but not rooney, Hold leaving against him after we nearly got relegated and yet any of our players who left their club in similar fashion is dismissed. There is even this notion that a 19 year old lad who could barely talk to a tv camera coherently masterminded leaving the club that he spent the past 12 years coming back and watching, raising his kids to support, and still supporting.

Just does my head in, we were crap, rooney was too good for us, he had a boss career as a result.

I will play Devils advoate here also. When was the last time Rooney actually played in his best position for club or country? there seems to be this notion that Rooney is suddenly crap because he can't be an effective midfielder, yet he spent his career as a striker? So perhaps giving him a run of games as a striker would determine what level he is at now rather than label him as 'past it' because he can't play a different position? Said it before, shearer didn't have to play as a midfielder, so why hold that standard to rooney?

Isn't that part of the problem though, what is Rooney's best position these days? He himself said that it is as a number 10, and he did play there early season for United and looked quite poor by most accounts.

Remember lots saying he was destined for a central midfield role after a few decent games there last season (one against us in the semi of the FA cup) but those shouts seem to have died away after a few poor games in mid

Rooney made the club £25m+

Kenwright has made/will make around £40m from the club. Yet You think one is a boss blue and one isn't (to put it lightly).

Your storyline doesn't add up either, if he didn't want to go to Newcastle then united wouldn't have even came in for him. They weren't interested in him that summer there are quotes all over he place about this.

You use evidence like it was his idea to do it last minute as the transfer window was closing yet when you look at Everton in the years following this it should tell you all you need to know. It's exactly the way we did business for over a decade afterwards until Moshiri came in.
so when Ferguson put in his authobiography how Kenwright was wailing down the phone to his mum about Rooney leaving, Fergie made that up did he to do Bill a favour?
right. all a plot. ok. Rooney actually wanted to stay and was forced out. what a hero eh

sorry but it wasn't inevitable that he cleared off the way he did. certainly not at 18. he's just greedy, always has been

So how exactly wou;ld the club have stayed in business without selling Rooney mate, given that we had to pay an outstanding debt and had absolutely no way of doing so until Rooney was sold?

sorry but it wasn't inevitable that he cleared off the way he did. certainly not at 18. he's just greedy, always has been

So how exactly wou;ld the club have stayed in business without selling Rooney mate, given that we had to pay an outstanding debt and had absolutely no way of doing so until Rooney was sold?

I dont care about Sligo! Its a bit different anyway really unless Coleman wants to stay on 100 quid a week or whatever.

I have got nothing against players going elsewhere, thats perfectly fine. Even Evertonians, go and have your career thats great, good for them.

I just dont want them back once they have used all their talent and ability up on another club. They had their chance especially i they leave at a stupidly young age without giving the chance of success with us a chance which is what Rooney did.

I really gets at me the thought of him coming back. "Ok lads I am off to win stuff at another club, I could stay a few more years first as I am bound to get a move to a MASSIVE club anyway but sod that. You will welcome me back when I'm crap though because I am a massive blue right?"

He isn't and I wouldn't.

He is a big a blue as you or i mate, i can promise you that.

but more to the point here, there is 'i wouldn't have him back, shouldn't have left, not a retirement home' etc arguments i read. Here is the thing though, we as a club are the ones pursuing that deal in the first instance. So what does it say about us as a club wanting to get him back then if he is just coming here for retirement or whatever ? So rather than criticise him as a player for wanting to come back, how about aiming that displeasure at the people at the club who would be the ones doing the deal for him?

And as i was always say, the season rooney left, we recorded our lowest points total for 100 years and could well have been relegated. He then left and made his debut in the champions league. If anything, the question is, why wouldn't he want to leave as soon as possible?

see this is just rubbish. We had a player that was worth £40m plus, on the books, and the banks came along and insisted he be sold so a mythichal I don't know what, ten million could be paid off. then when the next window opened we spent the whole lot, so the bank never got their money anyway?
it's all a fiction, we didn't need to sell, any bank would have been happy to keep him, knowing his value was only ever going to go one way.

Isn't that part of the problem though, what is Rooney's best position these days? He himself said that it is as a number 10, and he did play there early season for United and looked quite poor by most accounts.

Remember lots saying he was destined for a central midfield role after a few decent games there last season (one against us in the semi of the FA cup) but those shouts seem to have died away after a few poor games in mid
This is the same united who shoe horned him into a team with tevez and ronaldo. The same united who have shoe horned him in with Martial Ibrahimovic, lingaard and co.

Perhaps the main reason for his loss of form is that his club don't actually make him the main man in the team? Perhaps making him the star striker and having the team play for him, not asking him to play for the team would unlock a goalscorer out of him again?

Rooney made the club £25m+

Kenwright has made/will make around £40m from the club. Yet You think one is a boss blue and one isn't (to put it lightly).

Your storyline doesn't add up either, if he didn't want to go to Newcastle then united wouldn't have even came in for him. They weren't interested in him that summer there are quotes all over he place about this.

You use evidence like it was his idea to do it last minute as the transfer window was closing yet when you look at Everton in the years following this it should tell you all you need to know. It's exactly the way we did business for over a decade afterwards until Moshiri came in.

Rooney made us nothing! Lets not pretend he was doing it for the good of the club, he wasnt, he did it all for himself which is fine.

Surely if Kenwright and the board were responsible for selling Rooney then that 25M goes into his total too?

I dont get the Newcastle thing or the relevance of it at all. Both Newcastle and Man Utd wanted Rooney when he demanded to move, both made bids, both were accepted as we were backed into a corner and had to sell him. Thats the crux of it isnt it?

Lets be honest here, nobody knows the ins and outs of it. All we can do is summize what happened. All I know is that once he left he acted like a knob every time he came back. A proper blue wouldn't do that regardless of the situation. Gary Speed certainly didnt and he left under a massive cloud.

The biggest contract offer in the clubs history was offered to him and he jibbed it off.

That's fine, good for Rooney, he went to gain some success elsewhere.

Nobody has said Newcastle was an option! A bid came in for him as he had demanded a transfer which was accepted as he backed us into a corner. Whether he was going to go there is irrelevant.

He was made up to go, you could see that from the reactions when he came back. If the United fans didnt hate him he wouldnt be giving us a second glance.

Your timeline doesn't stack up.

Newcastle came in with a bid before he "demanded" a move. They sold Someone and suddenly had money, made a bid and then United became interested in doing the deal that summer.

Again there are quotes all over the place about it.

Your timeline doesn't stack up.

Newcastle came in with a bid before he "demanded" a move. They sold Someone and suddenly had money, made a bid and then United became interested in doing the deal that summer.

Again there are quotes all over the place about it.
it adds up perfectly. everton didn't want to sell, united didn't want to buy. fckhead though wanted badly to leave and so got his scumbag agent to get his mate at Newcastle to put in a bid.

Rooney made us nothing! Lets not pretend he was doing it for the good of the club, he wasnt, he did it all for himself which is fine.

Surely if Kenwright and the board were responsible for selling Rooney then that 25M goes into his total too?

I dont get the Newcastle thing or the relevance of it at all. Both Newcastle and Man Utd wanted Rooney when he demanded to move, both made bids, both were accepted as we were backed into a corner and had to sell him. Thats the crux of it isnt it?

Lets be honest here, nobody knows the ins and outs of it. All we can do is summize what happened. All I know is that once he left he acted like a knob every time he came back. A proper blue wouldn't do that regardless of the situation. Gary Speed certainly didnt and he left under a massive cloud.

So rooney made the club nothing but kenwright made the club £25m by choosing to sell him. If you're willing to twist it like that then it explains your other posts in this thread TBH.

You don't get the relevance of the Newcastle thing because you've got it all wrong about how it happened. It's not conjecture there's quotes from Moyes about it.

United weren't interested in 2004 as they thought he wasn't available, Newcastle suddenly had money and made a bid. United then bid and then rooney "demanded" a move. Again the quotes from Ferguson are there.

Your definition of a proper blue was lost a long time ago in this thread.

it adds up perfectly. everton didn't want to sell, united didn't want to buy. fckhead though wanted badly to leave and so got his scumbag agent to get his mate at Newcastle to put in a bid.
United did want to buy mate.

They wanted to buy at least 2 years before they did, according to Alex ferguson. They were in for him when he was 16, only to be told where to go, and that a deal would/could be done in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back