Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
what' you think at 19 he was this babe in arms, and that he isn't pretty much the same person now, dangling himself in front of Man city for more money, extracting the most out of every situation, even if it costs him the respect of the club.s supporters? as he said at the time. 'I'm big enough, and strong enough to handle any flack that comes my way'
Whole other debate the city thing.

but to the point being mooted. What you are suggesting by pushing Rooney as the instagator in the deal is the following, he is more ruthless, more intelligant and a better business man than....

1. Peter Kenyon, the man who negotiated massive deals during his time at the club, and pretty much signed the majority of the players the manager wanted.

2. Alex ferguson, the greatest modern manager, the saqme manager who developed so many young players into the united team, and more specifically was highly respected in the game.

3. Bill kenwright, the same man who took loan upon loan just to get the club surviving each year. The same man who sold arteta and made the money disappear almost like it went to pay the bills.

4. Paul Stretford, a super agent, someone who moves high profile players about for big money. He gets paid mainly when one of his players move because of the windfall so would be eager to move a 18 year old onto the biggest club in the world for then big money.

Are you really suggesting Rooney was the brains behind all of them?

Whole other debate the city thing.

but to the point being mooted. What you are suggesting by pushing Rooney as the instagator in the deal is the following, he is more ruthless, more intelligant and a better business man than....

1. Peter Kenyon, the man who negotiated massive deals during his time at the club, and pretty much signed the majority of the players the manager wanted.

2. Alex ferguson, the greatest modern manager, the saqme manager who developed so many young players into the united team, and more specifically was highly respected in the game.

3. Bill kenwright, the same man who took loan upon loan just to get the club surviving each year. The same man who sold arteta and made the money disappear almost like it went to pay the bills.

4. Paul Stretford, a super agent, someone who moves high profile players about for big money. He gets paid mainly when one of his players move because of the windfall so would be eager to move a 18 year old onto the biggest club in the world for then big money.

Are you really suggesting Rooney was the brains behind all of them?
uh? he is the player, if he didn't want to leave, he wouldn't have left. get it?
where did I say he was a super brain? he wanted out, and Stretford procured it for him

uh? he is the player, if he didn't want to leave, he wouldn't have left. get it?
where did I say he was a super brain? he wanted out, and Stretford procured it for him

first of all mate, bit of a negative tone there. not sure if you meant it but pointing it out either way.

Second, name one time a player didn't leave a club because he didn't want to leave?

first of all mate, bit of a negative tone there. not sure if you meant it but pointing it out either way.

Second, name one time a player didn't leave a club because he didn't want to leave?
you mean, he stayed cos he wanted to stay? I suppose that would be the norm

you mean, he stayed cos he wanted to stay? I suppose that would be the norm
so despite the other club offering money, and potentially more money once they got a original no. and in spite of the selling club being offered more money to sell the player, perhaps more than the player is worth.

So one player in all of this that was not sold because the player chose not to go?

so despite the other club offering money, and potentially more money once they got a original no. and in spite of the selling club being offered more money to sell the player, perhaps more than the player is worth.

So one player in all of this that was not sold because the player chose not to go?
sorry I'm not sure what we are talking about here

sorry I'm not sure what we are talking about here
You said that rooney should have said he didn;t want to leave everton and just stayed. I argue the case that he had no real part in it, so asked you to name one player in the last 10 years who didn't move club simply because they didn't want to.

its easy to forget just how good he was when we sold him and how young he was. The potential he had was frightening. I think at his peak he was the closest thing England had produced to a genuine world class player but he never reached the levels his potential promised.
I know we only had him for a couple of years as a teenager but he's still the best layer I saw live in an Everton shirt, and I've been going the match on and off since the mid seventies.

Moyes played him sparingly despite the clamour from us fans, but I used to love the sight of him warming up on the touchline and the fear you could sense in the opposing players and fans. The one player I've watched who could instantly change the pattern of a game just by being there.

or perhaps the blue tinted glasses are playing tricks on my memory.

You said that rooney should have said he didn;t want to leave everton and just stayed. I argue the case that he had no real part in it, so asked you to name one player in the last 10 years who didn't move club simply because they didn't want to.
surely all players who stay are players who didn't want to move and so didn't. so I can quote you hundreds of examples. Rooney left, and it was engineered that he left. He decided. it was nothing to do with Everton. He would have gone to Newcastle if United hadn't had their bluff called. He was determined to leave. I mean, that's common knowledge isnt it? surely you dont suggest he was bustled out of his boyhood club against his will? surely everything you know about Wayne is that what is right for Wayne is always the thing closest to Waynes heart?

The last boss player I can remember who stayed at a club that was well below his level was Le Tissier.

Always remember him scoring a hat trick against Russia in the final warm up game before Hoddle picked his prelim squad for the 1998 world cup. He never picked Tiss but then went on to exclude Gazzer from his final 23. Just shows the mentality of England managers over the years. safety first!!

Back to Rooney, he was personally on a different level to Everton at the time. He was the hottest property in world football and in reality he was never going to stay. We were also in financial difficulties and needed the money, and got a good price from United to be fair. if it were today we probably would have got over £80m.

surely all players who stay are players who didn't want to move and so didn't. so I can quote you hundreds of examples. Rooney left, and it was engineered that he left. He decided. it was nothing to do with Everton. He would have gone to Newcastle if United hadn't had their bluff called. He was determined to leave. I mean, that's common knowledge isnt it? surely you dont suggest he was bustled out of his boyhood club against his will? surely everything you know about Wayne is that what is right for Wayne is always the thing closest to Waynes heart?

Mate i have asked you to name one example, not hundreds, just one over the past 10 years.

Where the deal wasn't down to the buying club not matching valuations, or the selling club asking for too much. Just a player telling the buying club no i am staying.

The last boss player I can remember who stayed at a club that was well below his level was Le Tissier.

Always remember him scoring a hat trick against Russia in the final warm up game before Hoddle picked his prelim squad for the 1998 world cup. He never picked Tiss but then went on to exclude Gazzer from his final 23. Just shows the mentality of England managers over the years. safety first!!

Back to Rooney, he was personally on a different level to Everton at the time. He was the hottest property in world football and in reality he was never going to stay. We were also in financial difficulties and needed the money, and got a good price from United to be fair. if it were today we probably would have got over £80m.
Yeah, that is the last one i can think of, going back almost 20 years now, madness to think it was that long ago!

Said it a few times, but Rooney left a club with their lowest points total in 100 years, and made his debut in the champions league, plus if nothing else kenwright was involved. Can't understand how it could all be interpreted as Rooney desperate to leave us, especially as he has more than made the effort to come watch us over the years since. Even it was true though, how can you hold that against him?

What was he meant to do? Hope that the next season was fantastic and forget that we hadn't done anything of note league wise for nearly 10 years, including one relegation battle and walter smith.

Mate i have asked you to name one example, not hundreds, just one over the past 10 years.

Where the deal wasn't down to the buying club not matching valuations, or the selling club asking for too much. Just a player telling the buying club no i am staying.
oh, sorry you mean where a bid is made? ok, yes it's quite rare, normally a club wont put in a bid unless they've had an inkling that the player would be interested in the move

oh, sorry you mean where a bid is made? ok, yes it's quite rare, normally a club wont put in a bid unless they've had an inkling that the player would be interested in the move
See mate, United did bid for him then. So it is rare for one player to even refuse to move, Rooney or even stretford never got into contact with Kenyon and ask him to buy rooney, United wanted him, they wanted him the minute he played for the first team, we made them wait for the deal, because otherwise it would have been suicidal for us to get the rooney lift before immediately selling him.

Any notion of United didn't want to buy that summer, perhaps there may be truth in that. they never wanted to buy Ronaldo the window they did either but moved to do the deal a little bit earlier to make sure they signed him. Newcastle were bidding for him, so either way there were suitors whether it was biggest club in the world or jarg scottish geordies signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back