Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney was always going to leave to go to a bigger club, just like Lukaku will in the not too distant future.
I agree that he acted poorly on his return, but so did we.
And by the way, he's still a Blue and always has been. Trust me.

Lukaku isnt and has never claimed to be once a blue always a blue. As much as I would like him to stay it doesnt really matter as he isnt an Evertonian.

Of course Rooney was always going to leave. Again I dont care about that. He didnt have to leave before he did anything of note for us though did he? I remember at the time and non Everton mates were goading me saying that he will be off to a "big" club after the Euros. Nah I thought. The lad is a blue, he loves us, Once a Blue and all that. He will give us a few years first, giving us a world class talent in our team before going on to more elsewhere. Captain us for a bit, score a glorious winner or two in a derby. I was fine with that too.

Nope, he was off like a shot the first chance he got so sod him.

He aint a blue in my eyes. I'm sure he is gutted about that. Best i could say is that he has a soft spot for us these days.

I'm going to get shot down here but in my view Rooney was already world class when he played for us. Thats why United paid 30m for an 18 yo. He was the undoubted star of the euros in 2004 (and there were s number of world stars in that competition who he outshone). He's never actually been as good since in my opinion.
He was too inconsistent at the time to be considered world class. A few games at the Euro's doesn't mean that much.

Rooney was always going to leave to go to a bigger club, just like Lukaku will in the not too distant future.
I agree that he acted poorly on his return, but so did we.
And by the way, he's still a Blue and always has been. Trust me.
In my eyes to be regarded as a blue you have to show some commitment to Everton, whether as a fan or a player, Rooney has significantly shown none.

In my eyes to be regarded as a blue you have to show some commitment to Everton, whether as a fan or a player, Rooney has significantly shown none.

The lad's and Evertonian.

He moved on to better his career (and pay packet). I don't begrudge him that now (I was gutted at the time, but it was 12 years ago...) and in hindsight I don't think anybody can say it was the wrong decision on his part.

The fact we only got £25mil for him is the real kicker.

Anyone else not even remotely arsed that he went out on the pish last Saturday?

He wasn't playing for a week, who gives a guff?

Some of the world's iconic athletes didn't exactly live the life of a nun, if it affects there performance ultimately there the one who lose out in the end financially and career wise, in short nea, ridiculous to think a lad will go from 15-35 living like a monk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back