Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ. I thought it was well known that we would have been in deep trouble had Rooney not been sold.

People saying he was greedy lol

He left to join one of the biggest teams in the world and has won everything.

JUDAS MONEY GRABBER.
Deep trouble for not selling an asset at nearly half its value?
Greedy? Rooney?? As if
And he didn't need to leave at 18 in the boot of a car
I can't believe any Evertonian would defend his actions at that time. Nobody expected him to stay forever I just would have preferred him not to clear off when we looked certainties to be reegated

WE SOLD HIM TO AVOID GOING BANKRUPT. It was engineered very well by the club to make Rooney out as the bad guy though, just like the NTL deal, The Fortress Sports Fund, Kings Dock, Kirkby, etc etc. Never the fault of the top brass.
Right. Rooney agreed to swallow [Poor language removed] from the fans for fifteen years as a great big favour to Bill? Is that what you're saying?

Oh will if Bill Gleeson from that paragon of journalistic brilliance the Echo said it then it must be true!

It was the first link on google mate, we've already gone over the financials many times but you simply don't accept them. Hence why I didn't bother quoting you.

You swallowed the bill mortgaged his house for Everton rubbish easily enough though

Greedy? Rooney?? As if
I can't believe any Evertonian would defend his actions at that time. Nobody expected him to stay forever I just would have preferred him not to clear off when we looked certainties to be reegated

You still peddling that line that he was worth the same as Zidane I see

In the space of about 12 months we lost the kings dock, Gregg & Kenwright went at it, Birch came and went as CEO, Rooney was sold and then we had the absolute farce of The Fortress sports fund which resulted in the shareholders being lied to at the AGM by Kenwright with Chris Samuelson in attendance.

If people can't recognise that we were in dire straights that year then so be it

Greedy? Rooney?? As if

Rooney, an impressionable 18 year old, didn't stand at chance against the workings of Stretford and his colleagues(including one prominent 'Evertonian') a company with offices actually inside St James Park(hence the 'stalking horse' phoney bid from Newcastle preceding the real bid from United). And 13 years or so ago, the fee was not 'half his value'....you're basing that assumption on the big rise in fees since the new Sky money. At the time, Bill did OK when you consider that Rooney had already been either 'got at' or turned his coat...probably both apply.

Rooney, an impressionable 18 year old, didn't stand at chance against the workings of Stretford and his colleagues(including one prominent 'Evertonian') a company with offices actually inside St James Park(hence the 'stalking horse' phoney bid from Newcastle preceding the real bid from United). And 13 years or so ago, the fee was not 'half his value'....you're basing that assumption on the big rise in fees since the new Sky money. At the time, Bill did OK when you consider that Rooney had already been either 'got at' or turned his coat...probably both apply.
I disagree. At the time we were talking of valuing He kid at fifty million. I'm not saying Bill didn't play a bad hand half decently, it was a bad hand though cos fatty whacked in his request 36 hours before the window clos d.
And he was never an impressionable kid, he was always a greedy little chap, still is

top-100.jpg

Jesus Christ. I thought it was well known that we would have been in deep trouble had Rooney not been sold.

People saying he was greedy lol

He left to join one of the biggest teams in the world and has won everything.

JUDAS MONEY GRABBER.
but lad, if i'd made it as a pro i would have stayed with the blues for life, played for free, helped fill up the blue gravel in my spare time, and painted that crappy ground upgrade for the mosh

#onceabluealwaysablue #whenimpaintinggoodison

I disagree. At the time we were talking of valuing He kid at fifty million. I'm not saying Bill didn't play a bad hand half decently, it was a bad hand though cos fatty whacked in his request 36 hours before the window clos d.
And he was never an impressionable kid, he was always a greedy little chap, still is
lad, stevie boy, or to use his real name, robert elstone, would defend blue bill if he tuned up to the next game in an SS outfit, singing you'll never walk alone

Rooney agreed to be paid a fortune by one of the biggest clubs in the world whilst winning everything under the sun.

That's not really that hard to believe.
indeed. but why would he allow the myth to get abroad that it was him who pushed through the move, if all along it was that pesky Kenwright? short answer is, he wouldn't. if it wasnt his fault he would be singing the fact from the rooftops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back