Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest contract offer in the clubs history was offered to him and he jibbed it off.

That's fine, good for Rooney, he went to gain some success elsewhere.

Nobody has said Newcastle was an option! A bid came in for him as he had demanded a transfer which was accepted as he backed us into a corner. Whether he was going to go there is irrelevant.

He was made up to go, you could see that from the reactions when he came back. If the United fans didnt hate him he wouldnt be giving us a second glance.
Jesus Christ. I thought it was well known that we would have been in deep trouble had Rooney not been sold.

People saying he was greedy lol

He left to join one of the biggest teams in the world and has won everything.

JUDAS MONEY GRABBER.

In my eyes to be regarded as a blue you have to show some commitment to Everton, whether as a fan or a player, Rooney has significantly shown none.
Whether you like it or not - and you obviously don't - Rooney is an Everton fan.
You're entitled to your opinion on his actions, ability, attitude whatever, but you still can't change the fact that he is an Evertonian.

Jesus Christ. I thought it was well known that we would have been in deep trouble had Rooney not been sold.

People saying he was greedy lol

He left to join one of the biggest teams in the world and has won everything.

JUDAS MONEY GRABBER.

At 18 years old.

He could have gave us 5 good years and still won everything.

Its not well known that we would have been in deep trouble. That's just people summising the fact. Moyes spent most of the cash we got for him didnt he?

At 18 years old.

Its not well known that we would have been in deep trouble. That's just people summising the fact. Moyes spent most of the cash we got for him didnt he?
Ok mate, so he gets relegated with us, finds it difficult in the championship whilst he is giving us these 5 years as you put it, then all of a sudden the likes of united aren't interested in him any more. Perhaps the united scouts don't think he is tough enough after that, or that they want to be investing so much in a championship player.

All of a sudden the promising career has turned into thowing that away just to spend a bit longer playing in the championship/bottom half of the premiership for a championship manager out of loyalty.

instead of deciding at 18 (or in spite of it) that the best place for him to play football and to develop is with some of the best youth coaches in the world at the time at united, who happen to be the joint biggest club in the world, for the best manager in the world and who play on the biggest stages in the world?

Bolasie Barkley Rooney Lukaku as a front 4 would be up there with anything in the league. Del, Mirallas & lennon as backup

We need a number 10, we need a striker. Get someone who does both, can help Lukaku and Barkley improve their game, provides leadership and is an Evertonian. It's all about whether United will let him go and his wages.

At 18 years old.

I haven't got the time or patience to find any evidence or sources.

I just find it staggering that anyone can blame Rooney for leaving when he did, even if he did force the move himself, which he didnt.

I haven't got the time or patience to find any evidence or sources.

I just find it staggering that anyone can blame Rooney for leaving when he did, even if he did force the move himself, which he didnt.

Written by Bill Gleeson in September 2004 who is now with the echo.

The headline was "Rooney money brings Everton back from the brink"

Just a few days ago, the club was facing the possibility of administration within the next few months as it struggled to meet its debts and looked likely to exceed its agreed £5m overdraft facility with Barclays Bank. Everton owed around £43m to its banks and others just weeks ago. As well as the overdraft with Barclays, the club owes City institutions £30m and another £8m to other football clubs for outstanding transfer fees. Suddenly, however, the club has conjured up £25m of short term finance from the £10m payable immediately by Manchester United and Mr Green’s contribution.

Bolasie Barkley Rooney Lukaku as a front 4 would be up there with anything in the league. Del, Mirallas & lennon as backup

We need a number 10, we need a striker. Get someone who does both, can help Lukaku and Barkley improve their game, provides leadership and is an Evertonian. It's all about whether United will let him go and his wages.

Hold on, why would adding a finished former striker as a number 10 improve a front 4 who is hardly pulling up any trees already?

I just don't get the logic here.

Ok mate, so he gets relegated with us, finds it difficult in the championship whilst he is giving us these 5 years as you put it, then all of a sudden the likes of united aren't interested in him any more. Perhaps the united scouts don't think he is tough enough after that, or that they want to be investing so much in a championship player.

All of a sudden the promising career has turned into thowing that away just to spend a bit longer playing in the championship/bottom half of the premiership for a championship manager out of loyalty.

instead of deciding at 18 (or in spite of it) that the best place for him to play football and to develop is with some of the best youth coaches in the world at the time at united, who happen to be the joint biggest club in the world, for the best manager in the world and who play on the biggest stages in the world?

Or he could have stayed and been the extra piece that pushed up higher up the table and even managed to get us past the champions league qualifiers.

If buts and maybes. He took any question out of the equation.

I give up. I genuinely give up. It aint worth it.

Enjoy cheering him if he comes back. Ill be over here making an effigy to burn of him.

We used to have a bit of pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back