Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you're saying a bank was demanding 25 million pound (ie not any nonthly payment, but the capital) back and if they didn't get it they would foreclose? ie they were forcing us to sell off our assets at ridiculous prices just so they could get their money back. What bank does that?seriously? as long as you pay the monthly, that's all they are interested in. And even if y0u are right, we would have just gone to another bank and used Peter to pay Paul. And also, where did the money come from to buy Beattie Davies Kroldrup Arteta and Neville come from? it certainly didnt' come from our CL stint, cos we didn't qualify.

No I'm saying we had to repay a loan of £10.4m less than 2 weeks after we sold Rooney for an upfront payment of £10m

Got to laugh at the notion that we'd just "pay monthly" this isn't radio rentals we are talking about here.

Just have a little read up on it all, pretty sure it was subsequently proven that Kenwright lied all about it at the AGM that followed.

See mate, United did bid for him then. So it is rare for one player to even refuse to move, Rooney or even stretford never got into contact with Kenyon and ask him to buy rooney, United wanted him, they wanted him the minute he played for the first team, we made them wait for the deal, because otherwise it would have been suicidal for us to get the rooney lift before immediately selling him.

Any notion of United didn't want to buy that summer, perhaps there may be truth in that. they never wanted to buy Ronaldo the window they did either but moved to do the deal a little bit earlier to make sure they signed him. Newcastle were bidding for him, so either way there were suitors whether it was biggest club in the world or jarg scottish geordies signing him.
yes, my point was never really that United weren't interested, more that they didn't need to take him that summer, but that it was Rooney who forced their hand by threatening to go to the barcodes. typical sort of stunt hes been pulling for the last ten years (see city),

No I'm saying we had to repay a loan of £10.4m less than 2 weeks after we sold Rooney for an upfront payment of £10m

Got to laugh at the notion that we'd just "pay monthly" this isn't radio rentals we are talking about here.

Just have a little read up on it all, pretty sure it was subsequently proven that Kenwright lied all about it at the AGM that followed.
I have read up on it. Do you really think we would get rid of an asset worth £40m plus, sell at £25m thereby making at least a £15m loss, just so to get rid of a ten million loan being called in? you really think that Bill saw that as good business, and something he wanted to happen? hes not an idiot you know, I mean you would have to be a complete idiot to think that that makes business sense

Yeah, that is the last one i can think of, going back almost 20 years now, madness to think it was that long ago!

Said it a few times, but Rooney left a club with their lowest points total in 100 years, and made his debut in the champions league, plus if nothing else kenwright was involved. Can't understand how it could all be interpreted as Rooney desperate to leave us, especially as he has more than made the effort to come watch us over the years since. Even it was true though, how can you hold that against him?

What was he meant to do? Hope that the next season was fantastic and forget that we hadn't done anything of note league wise for nearly 10 years, including one relegation battle and walter smith.
To be fair mate, at the time he was our shining light in a team full of dross. He was a home grown blue and a devoted Evertonian. He still is by all accounts and a few ManU mates of mine say loads have turned against him because of this, especially when he takes his kids to our games sporting their Everton shirts (which I believe have Rooney on the back by the way). The once a blue always a blue shirt led some to believe he would never leave. He was also the darling of the media and the national team and every blue of a certain age must have felt like proud dads when he took the 2004 euros by storm.

So when he left, irrespective of the truth behind him leaving, many blues saw this as traitor like, and whilst I wasn't one of them, I was nevertheless distraught at the time. But I could empathise with those that held that view. His subsequent books and celebrating goals/kissing badges at Goodison didn't help his cause. He was still young and immature at the time and, it must be said, receiving a ton of abuse from the fans so, in a way, his reaction was understandable. He has since admitted he was wrong, that he regretted those actions and has apologised. For me that was case closed, but a lot of people just will never forgive him whatever he say's or does. I must admit I do, like yourself, find it harder to understand or empathise with these fans.

yes, my point was never really that United weren't interested, more that they didn't need to take him that summer, but that it was Rooney who forced their hand by threatening to go to the barcodes. typical sort of stunt hes been pulling for the last ten years (see city),
Witsel threatened to go to us just to get Juventus interested in him. Works both ways, sadly not in our favour.

To be fair mate, at the time he was our shining light in a team full of dross. He was a home grown blue and a devoted Evertonian. He still is by all accounts and a few ManU mates of mine say loads have turned against him because of this, especially when he takes his kids to our games sporting their Everton shirts (which I believe have Rooney on the back by the way). The once a blue always a blue shirt led some to believe he would never leave. He was also the darling of the media and the national team and every blue of a certain age must have felt like proud dads when he took the 2004 euros by storm.

So when he left, irrespective of the truth behind him leaving, many blues saw this as traitor like, and whilst I wasn't one of them, I was nevertheless distraught at the time. But I could empathise with those that held that view. His subsequent books and celebrating goals/kissing badges at Goodison didn't help his cause. He was still young and immature at the time and, it must be said, receiving a ton of abuse from the fans so, in a way, his reaction was understandable. He has since admitted he was wrong, that he regretted those actions and has apologised. For me that was case closed, but a lot of people just will never forgive him whatever he say's or does. I must admit I do, like yourself, find it harder to understand or empathise with these fans.
Even that badge kissing stuff makes me laugh. the fans give him (to quote pete price) vile abuse every game and then when he reacts to it, in a way i think was perfect for him to, then it is the worst thing in the world all over again. Yet i bet half the stuff being shouted to him would get them punched if they said it outside the terraces.

Even that badge kissing stuff makes me laugh. the fans give him (to quote pete price) vile abuse every game and then when he reacts to it, in a way i think was perfect for him to, then it is the worst thing in the world all over again. Yet i bet half the stuff being shouted to him would get them punched if they said it outside the terraces.
Hey, I cringe at some of the stuff being shouted at Stones and Barkley who were/are still playing for us ffs.

I have read up on it. Do you really think we would get rid of an asset worth £40m plus, sell at £25m thereby making at least a £15m loss, just so to get rid of a ten million loan being called in? you really think that Bill saw that as good business, and something he wanted to happen? hes not an idiot you know, I mean you would have to be a complete idiot to think that that makes business sense

Using your valuation he did sell an asset worth £40m plus for £25m so maybe you should judge for yourself.

Your valuation would put him on a par with Zidane back then by the way.

Using your valuation he did sell an asset worth £40m plus for £25m so maybe you should judge for yourself.

Your valuation would put him on a par with Zidane back then by the way.

Thing is with the value he has put on him of 40m, he wasnt worth that because he was at a club that was skint and had to sell, if Rooney came through Chelsea (if they had one lol ) or Uniteds youth systems it might of taken 40m to get him. Just like if Lukaku had gone to Villa the 65m tag we put on him would of been more like 35m

So rooney made the club nothing but kenwright made the club £25m by choosing to sell him. If you're willing to twist it like that then it explains your other posts in this thread TBH.

You don't get the relevance of the Newcastle thing because you've got it all wrong about how it happened. It's not conjecture there's quotes from Moyes about it.

United weren't interested in 2004 as they thought he wasn't available, Newcastle suddenly had money and made a bid. United then bid and then rooney "demanded" a move. Again the quotes from Ferguson are there.

Your definition of a proper blue was lost a long time ago in this thread.

No I didnt say that did I? I said that if Rooney made the club 25M (for existing..) than Kenwright or whoever was just as relevent in making the club that money by opting to sell him...

Rooney didnt have to go anywhere. Nor did he have to act like a [Poor language removed] when he came back.

No I didnt say that did I? I said that if Rooney made the club 25M (for existing..) than Kenwright or whoever was just as relevent in making the club that money by opting to sell him...

Rooney didnt have to go anywhere. Nor did he have to act like a [Poor language removed] when he came back.
Rooney was always going to leave to go to a bigger club, just like Lukaku will in the not too distant future.
I agree that he acted poorly on his return, but so did we.
And by the way, he's still a Blue and always has been. Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back