Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced at all. I don't think Rooney is as much as a draw as we think he is. If he was in his prime then maybe but he obviously isn't.

It sends the wrong message to me in another way. Players like Barkley, Davies etc may look at it and think "Oh I can leave the club I love to win trophies as they will have me back one day regardless like they did with Rooney."
Mate he's been recently ranked the 11th most influential footballer on social media with more followers than Pogba, Mata, Aguero, Saurez etc...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ial-footballers-on-social-media/wayne-rooney/

Rooney still is a massive name across world football & would undoubtedly raise our profile, which may come in handy when were negotiating new shirt sporsors etc...

As for Barkley, Davies etc..i really don't think us turning Rooney down now is going to convince them to stay if a top club comes in for them offering to double or treble their wages!

Mate he's been recently ranked the 11th most influential footballer on social media with more followers than Pogba, Mata, Aguero, Saurez etc...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ial-footballers-on-social-media/wayne-rooney/

Rooney still is a massive name across world football & would undoubtedly raise our profile, which may come in handy when were negotiating new shirt sporsors etc...

As for Barkley, Davies etc..i really don't think us turning Rooney down now is going to convince them to stay if a top club comes in for them offering to double or treble their wages!

I disagree totally. He is popular/influential to a world wide fanbase because he is a Man Utd player/legend.

For the difference it would make joining us he may as well just retire.

Why have a player in the squad who will tell fellow "blues" to bugger off elsewhere? "go and make your fortune elsewhere. Dont worry about Everton, they will take you back when you are crap and act like you are the prodigal son."

Sod that.

So our academy players go off and have successful careers? nothing wrong in my eyes if they think they can't have one here.

It's down to us to offer them that career mate, we have proven once this century we couldn't do that

Well we might as well just pack up and call it a day eh?

He didnt have to leave us the first chance he got did he?

Mind you they may as well leave seeing as the manager doesnt seem to think we can offer anything either.

We are a ridiculous club at times. Look at the state of us!

Well we might as well just pack up and call it a day eh?

He didnt have to leave us the first chance he got did he?

Mind you they may as well leave seeing as the manager doesnt seem to think we can offer anything either.

We are a ridiculous club at times. Look at the state of us!
You dismiss my option of hope there though . I'm not saying this will always be like this, it is up to us to change that. right now, of course Barkley or whoever leaving and going on to be successful is not a bad career move for them, same as it was for Rooney to leave us. If moyes had took us into the champions league and won cups, it would have been a different story, but we didn't and he did.

This argument about players leaving first chance they get, and it being held against Rooney. is it not double standards? should Coleman have stayed at sligo rovers? he jumped the first chance he got to leave them and assuming he was one of their academy players then it is the same principle as Rooney Ross Davies or anyone else leaving us. There is a blind loyalty argument used when it works against us but we are fine doing it to others? Perhaps when we become a successful club, then we won't have any of our own players wanting to leave us and seeing the grass is greener elsewhere, I can promise you Ross would retire here if we actually delivered him a manager and team mates to match any ambition he would have as a young footballer. but another season or two mid table going nowhere , why hold thst against him a chance go play at the highest level?

I disagree totally. He is popular/influential to a world wide fanbase because he is a Man Utd player/legend.

Why have a player in the squad who will tell fellow "blues" to bugger off elsewhere? "go and make your fortune elsewhere. Dont worry about Everton, they will take you back when you are crap and act like you are the prodigal son."

Sod that.
No worries ...if your convinced that he might as well retire & offers no commercial opportunities to us then we'll have to agree to disagree as i CBA trying to convince you otherwise ;)

Same goes with our young blues...as your clearly naive enough to think that they don't already discuss their future options & ambitions with our players & other players whilst on international duty :Blink:

FFS even our manager is doing this in press conferences & your worried about big bad wayne coming to whisper in their ears :Blink:

You dismiss my option of hope there though . I'm not saying this will always be like this, it is up to us to change that. right now, of course Barkley or whoever leaving and going on to be successful is not a bad career move for them, same as it was for Rooney to leave us. If moyes had took us into the champions league and won cups, it would have been a different story, but we didn't and he did.

This argument about players leaving first chance they get, and it being held against Rooney. is it not double standards? should Coleman have stayed at sligo rovers? he jumped the first chance he got to leave them and assuming he was one of their academy players then it is the same principle as Rooney Ross Davies or anyone else leaving us. There is a blind loyalty argument used when it works against us but we are fine doing it to others? Perhaps when we become a successful club, then we won't have any of our own players wanting to leave us and seeing the grass is greener elsewhere, I can promise you Ross would retire here if we actually delivered him a manager and team mates to match any ambition he would have as a young footballer. but another season or two mid table going nowhere , why hold thst against him a chance go play at the highest level?

I dont care about Sligo! Its a bit different anyway really unless Coleman wants to stay on 100 quid a week or whatever.

I have got nothing against players going elsewhere, thats perfectly fine. Even Evertonians, go and have your career thats great, good for them.

I just dont want them back once they have used all their talent and ability up on another club. They had their chance especially i they leave at a stupidly young age without giving the chance of success with us a chance which is what Rooney did.

I really gets at me the thought of him coming back. "Ok lads I am off to win stuff at another club, I could stay a few more years first as I am bound to get a move to a MASSIVE club anyway but sod that. You will welcome me back when I'm crap though because I am a massive blue right?"

He isn't and I wouldn't.

No worries ...if your convinced that he might as well retire & offers no commercial opportunities to us then we'll have to agree to disagree as i CBA trying to convince you otherwise ;)

Same goes with our young blues...as your clearly naive enough to think that they don't already discuss their future options & ambitions with our players & other players whilst on international duty :Blink:

FFS even our manager is doing this in press conferences & your worried about big bad wayne coming to whisper in their ears :Blink:

I am more worried about Rooney coming back because he isnt good enough anymore and it sets a bad example.

Its a business etc etc, yes I know that. Doesnt mean I like it. He made it a purely a business in my eyes when I was younger.

He can rot.

I am more worried about Rooney coming back because he isnt good enough anymore and it sets a bad example.

Its a business etc etc, yes I know that. Doesnt mean I like it. He made it a purely a business in my eyes when I was younger.

He can rot.
Mate...I'm also worried about Rooney coming back & not being good enough!
I'm still on the fence whether he could possibly up his game again, return to form & improve us (even just for the short term)
...however as i was trying to get across in my first post we can't really dispute that he would offer us positives in commercial/advertising opportunities!

With a new shirt sponsor & possibble waterfront stadium on the horizon i just can't see much of a negative of Wayne Rooney waltzing around training & giving interviews & promoting Everton etc...

Basically..Even if he isn't as good as we hope for us, at least we can still use his status for a few year's to help us...
Sell shirts, entice other players & improve sponsorship opportunities ;)
& if he rediscovers his form for us great :D

We've got over 20 years of inactivity & stagnation to catch up on...if Rooney coming back can jump start that im in!

...i can totally understand your stance on this though mate, it's etched on my mind how it all happened when he left...i was gutted! :mad:

...whatever way we all want it to happen...one thing is for sure...we all crave for Everton to be boss again ;)

I didnt say that!

He demanded a move, Newcastle came in for him, we accepted as we had no other option.

He wouldnt have wanted it because he wanted his DREAM move to Man Utd.

Without doing anything of note for us.

With the transfer window closing

At 18 years old.

Boss blue.

That isnt what happened, we had to sell him because we needed the money to shut the banks up, and Paul Stretford was working behind the scenes for his own interest, if anything it was more Everton wanting to cash in then it was him wanting to move. As for Newcastle not a chance he was going there, Lukaku is about as likely to go there in Jan

Sod that.

Has Stubbs re-signed as a player again?

Strange how that toad escapes any blame for Rooney leaving.

I didnt say that!

He demanded a move, Newcastle came in for him, we accepted as we had no other option.

He wouldnt have wanted it because he wanted his DREAM move to Man Utd.

Without doing anything of note for us.

With the transfer window closing

At 18 years old.

Boss blue.

And then he's treated like a hero because he bought his kid an Everton shirt and gets called an Everton icon by some of our fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back