Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a point I haven't seen made. With the example of Gerrard (apologies!), he was highly successful winning trophies but never the Premier League. That's his biggest regret, maybe even regretting not moving to Chelsea possibly. Would Everton have won anything with Rooney? I would honestly say no as further squad investment would have been even more limited. Whilst he was always a blue, from a professional stand point a top athlete wants to win. Obvously far more too it but just one point I hadn't seen made.

Just a point I haven't seen made. With the example of Gerrard (apologies!), he was highly successful winning trophies but never the Premier League. That's his biggest regret, maybe even regretting not moving to Chelsea possibly. Would Everton have won anything with Rooney? I would honestly say no as further squad investment would have been even more limited. Whilst he was always a blue, from a professional stand point a top athlete wants to win. Obvously far more too it but just one point I hadn't seen made.

We came 4th the season he left....

Maybe we would have won our champions league qualifier the next season with him in the side?

Maybe we would not even had to qualify as we may have came higher in the league. Who knows?

...pictures of Rooney getting passport photos from a Tesco in Cheshire;

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-United-spotted-passport-photo-sportgalleries

You'd think he's got so much money he'd send somebody out to get them for him!!

I'm not sure he's got the hang of what is acceptable on a passport photo.

260321.jpg

He got that ability from having a desire and will to play for Everton. It wasn't luck, it was hard work and effort.

He got dogs abuse from the crowd that day and he reacted by kissing the badge. Probably not the best idea he has had but he was kid and done in a moment of madness.

Wow, you are still upset by it. Is this due to a bad split up you have had in the past?? Time to move on and let the anger go.

So anyone who has the desire and will gets to play for Everton? it has nothing to do with any sort of God given natural ability? or being lucky enough to get scouted? what a load of absolute garbage.

He was what age by then? 22? and been playing in premier league for 6 years by then? old enough and experienced enough to know better, but any blue worth their salt wouldnt have done that at any age, at least youre kind of admitting it was wrong...

Just accept it, hes not a massive blue, certainly no bigger than anyone else, he may have thought he was until he got into the professional game but he clearly prioritised other things over Everton, anyway how do you measure how big a blue someone is? or is it just an arbitrary measurement you pull out of your hat to fit your argument at any given point? If you are happy for him to come back for footballing reasons, thats up to you, but he certainly doesnt deserve the admiration of Evertonians or any kind of euphoria surrounding his signing, hes done absolutely nothing to earn that, he never hung round for a season or two when he had time on his side, never won anything with us, I cant even recall him featuring in a winning derby team (maybe Im wrong if anyone can confirm?) and now hes comming back in his twilight years and people want to roll out the red carpet and unfurl the bunting? nah, not for me.

As for you last comment, grow up, it makes you look like you're clutching at more straws than worzel gummidge having a tommy tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back