Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

The club was in a totally different place in 2004. That's just a fact. The Rooney sale helped us a good bit in the years after. If he was coming through today he wouldn't be leaving. He's coming back because he wants to make it up as best he can
Pretty much spot on. There were rumours circulating around '05 that there was, lets say - a 'lag' between wages cash going into the bank and the ability of players to cash them.

and I'd like to believe that last bit too.

Why, is Rooney too fat to bend down and do it himself?

DER5WjlXUAEIL7Q.jpg

looks in the best shape i've ever seen him tbh

Eh?

Rooney has literally played for 2 clubs in his career. Lukaku has racked up 5 by 24. Not sure you know what a mercenary footballer is mate?
A mercenary is one who is motivated purely and simply by money and status. Loyalty, ethics, gratitude, sacrifice etc do not matter. Rooney has made his mark in football and should retire with dignity. Instead, he goes back to Everton as the only club both prepared to have him and pay him lots of money that he does not need. If he came back in a coaching capacity for free I'd change my tune, but as I see it, Rooney is here because of Rooney, not Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.