Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent most of first half off the pitch or not moving to support his own plays, let alone anybody elses. So slow, pedestrian even.

Honeymoon period is over. No more BS. He offers 0 threat overall.

He will do alright for us in patches but by no means is this guy a certain starter.

Rooney is quite comfortably the most technically gifted player in the squad. You don't drop your best player.

I would just like to see us try one game with the following lineup:

DCL up top
Siggurdson and Lookman on the wings
Davies and Klaassen in the middle pushed up
Either Gueye or Schneiderlin as the lone DM.

I just think that has so much more balance, we dont need the 2nd DM in some of these games, we can even out the quality of Siggurdson with the pace of Lookman, and I think Davies and Klaassen would compliment eachother so well. Klaassen with his one touch passing, and runs, and Davies who loves to get forward and his pace and workrate. I just think Rooney doesnt fit with the other players we have, and Id much rather have this balance between veteran class and young pace that we dont have when we play Siggurdson, Rooney, and Klaassen in the same line together.

Came up big for us in the first two games; lately quite a downturn in his play and an increase in frustration. It's as if Koeman decides to put Rooney on as a starter, then figures out the line-up around Rooney--this isn't working as of late. Need to find a team chemistry with or without him, to be honest. I'd prefer the latter for a few upcoming games.

He's struggled lately, think he is a terrific player but he should be so much more to the team around him and inspiration to the kids.

RK should bench him until his head is sorted and he knows he's not got a right to start every game.

I would just like to see us try one game with the following lineup:

DCL up top
Siggurdson and Lookman on the wings
Davies and Klaassen in the middle pushed up
Either Gueye or Schneiderlin as the lone DM.

I just think that has so much more balance, we dont need the 2nd DM in some of these games, we can even out the quality of Siggurdson with the pace of Lookman, and I think Davies and Klaassen would compliment eachother so well. Klaassen with his one touch passing, and runs, and Davies who loves to get forward and his pace and workrate. I just think Rooney doesnt fit with the other players we have, and Id much rather have this balance between veteran class and young pace that we dont have when we play Siggurdson, Rooney, and Klaassen in the same line together.
I like what you’re saying there mate but I think we’ll see that more when we have a better settled defence. I think the 2 DMs is seen as insurance for our defenders rather than a preferred set up

Rooney is lacking a bit of sharpness...it will come back to him. Just a bit rusty seeing how little football he played in last couple of seasons. He is clever footballe. Finding space to score and create goals...let's be patient

Explains why he can barely trap a ball or make simple 'pass & move' plays then
Rooney is technically decent. He is also a black hole (exact same problem he had at United) and doesn't have the movement to justify his position in the team. This is exactly why I didn't want him near the team; the homegrown bias is showing from the fans, and his past reputation is wooing Koeman. He isn't nearly the same player that he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back