Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute sentimental nonsense bringing him back.

No-one on here, not even those who are still clinging onto the hope of the move being a good one, can even say where he should play with any conviction.

If he is still such a great player, he should be the first on the team sheet.

But he is not.

Rooney is clearly in decline and even his supporters on this thread are talking about shoehorning him in somewhere because of who he is, not what he offers (which is negligible).

What a ludicrous situation when we're rebuilding a team of more youthful prospects for the future.

Apart from the fact he is Wayne Rooney - with all the tear-jerking tosh that goes with it - what on earth is he doing here?

He is a cheap jibe-inducing parody of his former self, was a sad waste of space last night and only concerned with just trying to be the Rooney of 13 years ago.

This is not going to end well. For Rooney, or for us the longer we persist with him.

No-one on here, not even those who are still clinging onto the hope of the move being a good one, can even say where he should play with any conviction.

But he is not.

Rooney is clearly in decline and even his supporters on this thread are talking about shoehorning him in somewhere because of who he is, not what he offers (which is negligible).

What a ludicrous situation when we're rebuilding a team of more youthful prospects for the future.

Apart from the fact he is Wayne Rooney - with all the tear-jerking tosh that goes with it - what on earth is he doing here?

He is a cheap jibe-inducing parody of his former self, was a sad waste of space last night and only concerned with just trying to be the Rooney of 13 years ago.

This is not going to end well. For Rooney, or for us the longer we persist with him.

He should be in a front 3, just not with DCL and Mirallas. If he, Sandro and priority striker play as front 3, you would see a marked difference. He is not, and has never been, a target man or focal point no9, so why would he be 1 now?

It's 1 game in and people already slagging each individual player off in each their own thread.

Nothing will be the same.

But he is not.

Lol

Pabs, I think people are going to have to accept the strong differing opinions on this theme, was always going to be like this.

I would be delighted if he never started another game for us, although I think he will do okay.

Of course people are going to be intolerant of crap/average performances when they didn't even want the player in the first place. It would be crazy to expect anything other than extreme and wildly differing attitudes to this guy whilst he remains at the club.
I would be delighted if he played every game for us and I think he will be great.

But he is not.

Spot on we've been absolutely fleeced for Rom. £75 million + a past it Rooney when Coutinho is likely to go for £90-100 million.

Said from the very start should have gotten £85-90 million upfront for Rom or have done £50 million + Batshuyai at Chelsea or £50 million + Martial at Utd.

...according to my Racing Post, Rooney is 4-6 to be Everton's top goalscorer this season with Sandro 6-4 and Davy Klaassen 10-1 (all Bet365). I would advise not having a bet with the likelihood of another striker coming in.

I thought he did very well on Thurs, i thought he was playing chess and those around him playing draughts. Looked brilliant when he dropped back to 10, very encouraged.

Still never forgive him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back