Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some serious straw clutching going on in here.

The weird thing is, I remember how blues were saying how bad his last few seasons at Utd were yet here we are, trying to shoehorn him into a promising side.

It stinks of sentimentality.
This.

You can see why he was barely used in his last 2 seasons at United.

He looks like a player with to much mileage who hasn't looked after himself well.

I hope i'm proved wrong though.

Has the hounding of him out started yet?? Boss us!!

Pabs, I think people are going to have to accept the strong differing opinions on this theme, was always going to be like this.

I would be delighted if he never started another game for us, although I think he will do okay.

Of course people are going to be intolerant of crap/average performances when they didn't even want the player in the first place. It would be crazy to expect anything other than extreme and wildly differing attitudes to this guy whilst he remains at the club.

Has the hounding of him out started yet?? Boss us!!
No, as far as I have read this thread mostly contains considered analysis of his performances to date. Most posts seem to concur that he is a talented player who will at best work well in conjunction with Sandro, but is too slow to play up front anymore, which is what we already suspected to be fair.
Course if it's fanboy gushing you want..........

It's like a bulldog and a brick wall had a lovechild and told him to play football with intelligence and leadership even as your body rapidly declines and ages a bit like Robin Williams in that film we don't know the name of because, you know, we're a bulldog and a brick wall and our knowledge of the filmography of Robin Williams is limited at best. We mostly remember Jumanji.

It's like a bulldog and a brick wall had a lovechild and told him to play football with intelligence and leadership even as your body rapidly declines and ages a bit like Robin Williams in that film we don't know the name of because, you know, we're a bulldog and a brick wall and our knowledge of the filmography of Robin Williams is limited at best. We mostly remember Jumanji.

Sorry mate, you've lost me ?

Not sure Wayne, Klassen and Sandro fit in the team together if we get a target man, but does offer rotation and depth in the squad.

This.

You can see why he was barely used in his last 2 seasons at United.

He looks like a player with to much mileage who hasn't looked after himself well.

I hope i'm proved wrong though.
The desire is still there no doubt but are 'the legs'? But I'll reserve my full judgement to when the season is up and running and Rooney is at 'peak fitness' However I have my reservations and not only just what I saw last night, but on what I have observed in his last 18 months at united.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back