Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
...still a good footballer. I think he showed that during the first 30mins. He looked to be more comfortable and have more impact when Sandro came on and he was facing their goal but I'm not sure what that might mean for RKs assumption that he will play furthest man forward.

RK will also have to think about Sigurdsson's position if he comes in, he can't play Rooney and him in the no10 role.

Time will tell if Rooney needs games to get up to full speed or if he struggles to play 90mins but he is still a talented footballer and I'm sure his teammates like him in the team.

...still a good footballer. I think he showed that during the first 30mins. He looked to be more comfortable and have more impact when Sandro came on and he was facing their goal but I'm not sure what that might mean for RKs assumption that he will play furthest man forward.

RK will also have to think about Sigurdsson's position if he comes in, he can't play Rooney and him in the no10 role.

Time will tell if Rooney needs games to get up to full speed or if he struggles to play 90mins but he is still a talented footballer and I'm sure his teammates like him in the team.

Maybe. But not if he doesn't perform, or stifles the team they won't. Good to have in the squad/dressing room/around the team no doubt.

Maybe. But not if he doesn't perform, or stifles the team they won't. Good to have in the squad/dressing room/around the team no doubt.

....overall it was a ponderous performance but I thought some of the link play involving Rooney hinted that the likes of Klaassen and Sandro were on the same wavelength and enjoyed being on the pitch with him. Time will tell whether Rooney can get up to speed and positively influence a game over 90 mins.

He isn't match fit plus the front three didn't really do much.

We needed more creativity in the middle to get them going.

Preferred Rooney with Sandro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back