Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same United fans who didnt want Lukaku because he wasnt good enough for them, until they bought him? Yes he was rubbish for them as he lost interest in playing for them a long time ago.

People can moan all they like but fact is he has been one of our best players so far this season, he is fine, the set up isn't

One of our best players because the others have been awful as has our attacking football in general. Once/if we are up and running I'm convinced it'll bring home to a lot of people how spent at the top level he is now. It's our failure to play well that is allowing him to actually look alright, because as plenty of people say, he's putting a shift in.

I'd drop him he drops way too deep and gets in the way of everyone else. If he isn't going to hold a high line as a striker or ten he should be benched. But he won't be and will continue to make us look like Hodgson's England.
This is mate. He could have a role of some sort if we got our set up right. Not every week but in plenty of games. Like you said, he's coming further and further back to pick up the ball to try and be involved and influence things. Sandro is doing it also.

I believe Wayne has a part to play.
It just isn't starting every game though.
Impact player. Bring him on if we lack composure or fresh ideas.
RK at fault big time, more than Wayne.
Lad will still score goals, but needs to be used sensibly. Which he isn't.

I don't think he's trying too hard, he is trying to run the show and that is in part causing the confusion for other players, and
he often gifts possession to the opposition with under-hit or over-hit passes.

Apologists might argue this is because he is thinking too fast for his team-mates, but the end result is the same. Everton lose possession and end up on the back foot.

Personally I think Koeman should back Sigurdsson a bit more and bench Wayne for a few games.

Can he offer something? Yes. Should he be starting every game, forcing others to alter their game/position to accommodate him? No way.

It appears that if he's fit, he starts which isnt acceptable.

I didn't want him to sign because I feared we would become part of the Wayne Rooney Roadshow or whatever, which to an extent we have thanks to his reckless motoring exploits.

Actually, I have been impressed by his application on the field but recently he has not been so good and I think a period on the bench, or the beach, would do him and us no harm.

I'm quite sure he's thinking, where the f have I come to?
Seems one of the few bothered but his frustration either ends in him trying to do too much or getting angry/booked

At times when he asks for ball people feel blitzed to pass to him, even when it's not the best option. He is too deep, if he plays he has to be the guy to play through balls to the striker, it's just whether we have someone to make the runs for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back