Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney reminds me of school boy football at trying to hard to impress basically running all over the place taking The ball Off players in better positions holding other player's back, bad decision to bring him back team selection so lacking in pace and width hope koeman sorts it out

He just looked like he was at walking pace most of the time last night, as if he was goosed within 20 minutes of the game kicking off. Some of his mad passes/shots were evidence of this.

Absolute myth perpetuated by the Rooney's finished brigade. At 1 point, he was closing down a defender in the corner by Bullens/Gwladys and got there ahead of Sandro who had a 10-15 yard head start.

How can anyone watch Sigurdsson and take pot shots at Rooney's work rate and/or pace? Its baffling to me. His touch for Vlasic goal was good, but that's about it.

Admittedly, some of his shots were wild, but that's a symptom of him trying too hard like I said in an earlier post, a criticism I'm finding it hard to level at a lot of other players.

Absolute myth perpetuated by the Rooney's finished brigade. At 1 point, he was closing down a defender in the corner by Bullens/Gwladys and got there ahead of Sandro who had a 10-15 yard head start.

How can anyone watch Sigurdsson and take pot shots at Rooney's work rate and/or pace? Its baffling to me. His touch for Vlasic goal was good, but that's about it.

Admittedly, some of his shots were wild, but that's a symptom of him trying too hard like I said in an earlier post, a criticism I'm finding it hard to level at a lot of other players.

That ball he pinged to DCL...he was the only one running into the box after it.

Plenty of times in games he starts moves and gets on the end of it. The others? Not so much.

A whole 5 minutes he lasted before he came and took the ball from our centre half deep into our own half and played a Hollywood ball straight out of touch. He needs to stay up top or stay off the pitch

Are you talking about the ball to Davies? I might have to watch it again but watching it last night it looked like Davies just watched it go out, one step to the right and he'd have had a good chance of making something out of it.

And we can't have a go at Hollywood balls whilst simultaneously criticising the 'crabs' in the centre.

Admittedly, some of his shots were wild, but that's a symptom of him trying too hard, a criticism I'm finding it hard to level at a lot of other players.

Good riposte to the Rooney's-past-it brigade (of which I am one, to be fair), especially your final line.

Would be effective on the right system. Needs to avoid the temptation to drop deep and get us playing. Maybe if we had proper creativity behind him he wouldn't need to. Still our top scorer.

Mourinho knew it. Even Gareth Southgate knew it.

But no, Everton are a charity for the past it, Man U hand me downs.

Why is he still starting every single game?
broken-record-765056.jpg

I don't think any player can be fairly judged at the moment. The players aren't stinking the place out at the moment. They are being mismanaged. They are as confused as we are. You can fairly judge a player when the team are playing well. Wayne has been one of the positives so far this season. It is not his fault that the manager hasn't got a clue how to implement an effective playing style. I have a feeling that if this team were playing well and full of confidence, then Wayne would be tearing it up.

He's utter rubbish. United fans were saying it for years. Every time he played for England he was rubbish. But there's still people on here trying to convince us he's good.

He's utter rubbish. United fans were saying it for years. Every time he played for England he was rubbish. But there's still people on here trying to convince us he's good.

The same United fans who didnt want Lukaku because he wasnt good enough for them, until they bought him? Yes he was rubbish for them as he lost interest in playing for them a long time ago.

People can moan all they like but fact is he has been one of our best players so far this season, he is fine, the set up isn't

The same United fans who didnt want Lukaku because he wasnt good enough for them, until they bought him? Yes he was rubbish for them as he lost interest in playing for them a long time ago.

People can moan all they like but fact is he has been one of our best players so far this season, he is fine, the set up isn't

correct. He has been guilty of trying to hard, but i think all of our signings have been like that except pickford, as well as a fair few of the current squad.

He just looked like he was at walking pace most of the time last night, as if he was goosed within 20 minutes of the game kicking off. Some of his mad passes/shots were evidence of this.
Agree mate, he was awful. Just wandering around where ever he liked and taking pot shots from 40 yards. I hate Everton for bringing this lad back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back