Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't see why he's taking as much stick as he is at the moment. If I have 1 criticism of his performances of late, it's that he's trying too hard.

And if it's a choice of playing 1 of the No 10s, it's Rooney every time at the moment. Sigurdsson and Klaassen are passengers, and similar to Sandro, they need to be introduced gradually.

Calvert Lewin, Lookman, Vlasic, Davies, all these players will learn more from playing with Rooney than they will with either of the other 2, and that mix of his leadership and experience, and their youthful exuberance and energy will will help the team no end.

I do think he's been one of our better players this season, although admittedly that's like saying he's been one of the better boxers at a chess club.

He desperately needs a rest now, though. He can't play the number of games he does.

kramnik01-klitschko.webp

Vitali Klitschko says hello :bye:

I genuinely don't see why he's taking as much stick as he is at the moment. If I have 1 criticism of his performances of late, it's that he's trying too hard.

And if it's a choice of playing 1 of the No 10s, it's Rooney every time at the moment. Sigurdsson and Klaassen are passengers, and similar to Sandro, they need to be introduced gradually.

Calvert Lewin, Lookman, Vlasic, Davies, all these players will learn more from playing with Rooney than they will with either of the other 2, and that mix of his leadership and experience, and their youthful exuberance and energy will will help the team no end.

It's what we do.

Barkley and Lukaku weren't good enough either.

He's a goal threat and gives everything for the team, but he's still a bit of a hindrance. Gets shoehorned into the side no matter what, at the expense of others. Seems to play wherever he feels like playing, often getting in the way of his teammates.

Would like to see him rotated in the side, and instructed to fulfill a specific role rather than try and play everywhere.

...he plays like the game matters which is admirable. I think wherever he plays he'll look to put out fires around the pitch because that's the type he is. Koeman is doing what I feared, he's got himself in a situation where he feels he has to keep Rooney on the pitch at all times.

Last night compounded my opinion that he needs to be benched. I still think he'd be a decent option off bench in the last 15 mins of games when the opposition is tiring, it leaves more space for him to utilise his experience on the ball in their half. For me Sigurdsson should be given a run in the number 10 role, he's shown in the last two games that he's more effective when he's moved more centrally.

Koeman will continue to play him from the start and for as long as possible and it's honestly to the detriment of the team right now.

He needs to continue narking at the officials and very visibly talking and gesturing to other players before kick off/second half.

That will buy him more time with the fans.

I still maintain that Everton don't progress/get any better (finish any higher than we did last season) with him as an integral part of the side.

He needs to continue narking at the officials and very visibly talking and gesturing to other players before kick off/second half.

That will buy him more time with the fans.

I still maintain that Everton don't progress/get any better (finish any higher than we did last season) with him as an integral part of the side.
He just looked like he was at walking pace most of the time last night, as if he was goosed within 20 minutes of the game kicking off. Some of his mad passes/shots were evidence of this.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back