Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it from the start it’s a poor signing he is completely done! Past it! Clearly cares but that isn’t good enough. If this guy had anything united would not have sold him believe me.

It's not that he is bad per se, he obviously feels he has to do it all himself though and he's not sticking to position and when he's playing as a striker, the fact he isn't even the furthest player forward most of the time is a genuine issue. It's stifling our attacks.

It would suit him better with 2 up top. He's just simply trying to do too much and it's not helping.

Thing is, he genuinely does have to do it all himself. Sigurdsson ? Teflon-Bambi? Klaassen? Press Release Tom?

Said it from the start it’s a poor signing he is completely done! Past it! Clearly cares but that isn’t good enough. If this guy had anything united would not have sold him believe me.
They gave him away and their fans weren't arsed one bit.

Thing is, he genuinely does have to do it all himself. Sigurdsson ? Teflon-Bambi? Klaassen? Press Release Tom?

Yes, undeniably he isn't getting much support from his peers and so called other 'leaders' which we bought but whilst his intentions maybe good it's also not helping. Problem is, I don't know what the solution is and do appreciate the fact he tries his hardest which cannot always be said for some.

Exactly it wasn’t as if he was even sold he was given away and they bought out his contract. Says everything! If he has an ounce of quality left he wouldn’t have been let go
They let him go and signed a player 5 years older who couldn't kick a ball for 5 months.

Yeah let's drop Rooney, the man who has gained us most of our points this season, anyone would think some fans want us to lose to get rid of Koeman, Rooney is fine, system is the problem.
Rooney isn't starting every weak because of who he Is, he starts because of what he is bringing to the team, for me the fact that we need him and he is doing more then a lot of the other players is a deep problem

Agree entirely, Wayne will always provide quality for us & deserves his place in the team however he does not need to play in every game & should be used to play cameo roles every so often....Koeman needs to use him just behind the striker DCL gain the best from him...

It's not that he is bad per se, he obviously feels he has to do it all himself though and he's not sticking to position and when he's playing as a striker, the fact he isn't even the furthest player forward most of the time is a genuine issue. It's stifling our attacks.

It would suit him better with 2 up top. He's just simply trying to do too much and it's not helping.

Maybe it's all that experience nce he's had, playing against the top teams in the world, that's somehow affected his judgement and positional awareness ?

Or, could it be that, he's playing in a team full of players who are all in hiding / can't be arsed and he's trying to lead by example ? ( eventually running out if steam )

Last edited:
I never ever boo our players. Wrong again.

Wrong again lol you wrote off Rooney in the summer and he's piped it riiiiiiiight back up your speeding boarding line

Come on Ian. You can go Premium Economy here and admit you got it wrong.

Wrong again lol you wrote off Rooney in the summer and he's piped it riiiiiiiight back up your speeding boarding line

Come on Ian. You can go Premium Economy here and admit you got it wrong.
I'd love to be. Only way that'll be proven one way or the other is if/when we play without him and if we get better or worse. Bournemouth comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back