Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a buddy of mine to the game today, he's an Arsenal fan for his sins.
End of the game he said, "bloody hell you lot don't half abuse Rooney for actually giving a s***, he's the only one that looks like he has any ability about him".

Everton.
Every single person on this forum would give 100% if they were playing for Everton. Giving a [Poor language removed] should be something we take for granted, not something we praise a player for. Also it doesn't change the fact he's bloody rubbish

Every single person on this forum would give 100% if they were playing for Everton. Giving a [Poor language removed] should be something we take for granted, not something we praise a player for. Also it doesn't change the fact he's bloody rubbish
Hi mate.
Took a buddy of mine to the game today, he's an Arsenal fan for his sins.
End of the game he said, "bloody hell you lot don't half abuse Rooney for actually giving a s***, he's the only one that looks like he has any ability about him".

Everton.

Thanks mate.

Can see he just doesn't have the legs anymore to really grab the game by the horn. Rooney, without pace, hunger and drive is not the world class Rooney of old. He's been on a steady decline for years, which is bound to happen to even the best players. I do think, if he had taken care of himself properly (like Pirlo, Raul, Drogba, Defoe etc) he could have saved a few years before he'd finished, I think enjoying a pint too often has contributed.

(Not that I can lecture a footballer on fitness as my body is hardly a temple!).

I did question whether the signing was more a sentimental signing rather than a shrewd one. Don't think he has that bad today mind. Least he tried to make something happen to unlock the door.

Credit for slotting that penalty away. Cool as ice. Still feel he'll get around 10-15 goals for you by May. I know I'm speaking the obvious here, but even as a neutral I can see your desperately crying out for a forward to take the burden from the rest of the team, someone with pace to get in behind and utilise your attacking armoury.

You only started to play when you went behind, which is frustrating. You've got to sort out your defence, far too vulnerable. If Koeman is still here January he's got a lot of work to do.

Rooney looks lethargic on the pitch, incapable of linking up play up front and has no height or pace to trouble defenders, it's true. However, at least 2 of those 3 criticisms could be levelled at pretty much all of the players who have played in our front four this season. The only difference is that Rooney has actually scored some goals whereas none of the others have scored more than one aside from DCL and Niasse who have each only scored in one match.

Agree that Wayne shouldn't be starting every game but I find it hard to single out and criticise any individuals (well can't argue with Williams) when the whole team is completely lost due to the manager.

Yeah let's drop Rooney, the man who has gained us most of our points this season, anyone would think some fans want us to lose to get rid of Koeman, Rooney is fine, system is the problem.
Rooney isn't starting every weak because of who he Is, he starts because of what he is bringing to the team, for me the fact that we need him and he is doing more then a lot of the other players is a deep problem

That's neither here nor there though, completely irrelevant.
Michael,
You've just said that's irrelevant yet you think that because he is an Arsenal fan he MUST be abusing Wenger / be Wenger out. And because of that it makes his opinion on Rooney is what? Void, I'd guess you're insinuating?
Arsenal fan TV hating on Wenger is completely irrelevant.
You're far, far better than this.

Yeah let's drop Rooney, the man who has gained us most of our points this season, anyone would think some fans want us to lose to get rid of Koeman, Rooney is fine, system is the problem.
Rooney isn't starting every weak because of who he Is, he starts because of what he is bringing to the team, for me the fact that we need him and he is doing more then a lot of the other players is a deep problem

Rooney looks like he's doing alright because the others have been so awful. Still doesn't hide the fact he's limited in what he can bring.

tell your Arsenal mate to get an eye test

Arsenal fans are notorious for talking nonesense at times mate!

Arsenal TV - Need I say more?

I'd take the comments with a pinch of salt! They tie themselves in knots at times, they've probably got a half sided pro/against Wenger banner which they change sides depending on the result! I'll never forgive one who I interviewed when I worked for a Sunderland fanzine site when we played them at home in 2014.

At the end of the interview we always end by asking 'Who do you think is the best Sunderland player in your lifetime' just for a light hearted way to end the interview, as commonly they haven't got a clue but try to be polite. Then, we have a laugh at the awkward silence while they think of our best player. Now, granted, we're not exactly spoiled for choice In terms of options...However, he could have played it safe and said Niall Quinn or Kevin Phillips, or they could pick Jordan Henderson if they're a younger generation.....He said, and I quote "I duno much about your team bruv, you're a bit ****. I'll go for that Irish kid you had, David Connolly"...

David Connolly? Is he being serious? He only played for us for 1 full season in the Championship, and that was 2007 ish. He was a Championship plodder, he wasn't at all very good. Hence virtually his entire career spent in the second tier.

David bloody Connolly the best we've ever had - Ever! Patronising, bugger. I've never forgiven him. lollol

I was less insulted by his obscenity about how crap we were and more about his choice of player.

Just thought I'd share that to maybe cheer a few up after your disappointing game.

Imagine how depressed I was after that interview? If the roles were reversed I would be spoilt for choice, I could have opted for the Dutch Delight in Dennis Bergkamp, the collosal rock of Tony Adams, the French Goal Machine known as Henry....And we have? ....David Connolly.

(n):blush::rolleyes:

If Rooney can score 10-15 goals, it'll be a job well done. Just don't think he can get up and down the pitch anymore to influence games.

Who takes your free kicks? Is it Sigurdsson, Baines or Rooney? Just out of interest?

All it takes is another player putting the effort and odd moments of class to change it around.

Sadly, no one seems to want to do it.

The only one who you wouldn't be surprised at doing it would be Davies. But he can't even get a game.

Michael,
You've just said that's irrelevant yet you think that because he is an Arsenal fan he MUST be abusing Wenger / be Wenger out. And because of that it makes his opinion on Rooney is what? Void, I'd guess you're insinuating?
Arsenal fan TV hating on Wenger is completely irrelevant.
You're far, far better than this.

Definitely not insinuating that, just saying I think it's quite odd him having a go at the Everton fans around him for abusing a player when he must sit through or even partake in far worse every week when he watches his team, towards a manager who's achieved far more for them than Rooney has for us.

I'm just exasperated at the moment with all this to be honest mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back