Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. He pulled it out of the fire for us again, as he has done on several occasions. He's got absolutely no one to pass to on the wings, no movement around him, and a willing but incredibly limited young kid up front.

Nah, what he should be doing though is charging around winning and dominating the entire pitch by himself.

Who do people want in there instead ? Sigurdsson, the fella who just phones it in every week? "Oooh but he's not played exactly in his position". Christ he's not a right back being asked to play centre forward. Klaassen? Totally hopeless. Davies? Not good enough yet.

So we rely on Wayne to carry us, and keep on carrying us, until Cowhead goes to the managerial abattoir
By me not being a fan of Rooney doesn't mean I'm backing Sigurdsson. Neither did enough, if it hadn't been for that Bruno elbowing a man nowhere near the ball we lose today.

Rooney in the squad- no problem with that at all. Starting every game? That's a massive issue. Furthermore the argument that he's the best of a bad bunch is so weak and doesn't even address the issue which I and other posters have raised that perhaps he himself is hindering other members of the team. Shoehorning him in for united didn't work. Neither did it for England. What solution did those two teams opt for? They bombed him out. What's our solution?

No. He shouldn't start every game. He shouldn't play the European games for me and he needs to be managed to get the best out of him.

But as the manager and squad are completely out of sorts, he's the only one at least trying.

At the moment, dropping him doesn't make any other player better

Then it's Rooney all day long. Away from his penalty, he pinged in a cross for DCL who should've scored. What did Siggurdson do? Get pulled back in the box. That's it. Playing his his number 10 role.

And the static forward still includes two wingers.

Siggurdson is a complete passenger with limited passing range, zero pace (did you see him kill a number of counter attacks?), who is scared to pick up the ball from deep and link play.

In fact, we don't have proper wingers from the start.

Of course. Everyone is responsible but it comes to a point where we should not rely on him because he has gone backwards in years and we bought him as part of the Lukaku deal. He misplaced pass in dangerous area, felling over when taking a shot. Sigurdsson is slow but to put Rooney up front on his own is idiotic. They are just as bad but for me one of them should start as AM not both.

No. He shouldn't start every game. He shouldn't play the European games for me and he needs to be managed to get the best out of him.

But as the manager and squad are completely out of sorts, he's the only one at least trying.

At the moment, dropping him doesn't make any other player better
Maybe it doesn't. But it will allow us to change the current system that isn't working, to play a more fluid coherent system that utilises the talents of the other players within the squad and actually play players in their best position, which is currently not the case.

Maybe it doesn't. But it will allow us to change the current system that isn't working, to play a more fluid coherent system that utilises the talents of the other players within the squad and actually play players in their best position, which is currently not the case.

Koeman is reluctant to play pace. Sigurdsson isn't a creative ball carrying playmaker. Klassen isn't cut for the league. We don't have a striker. Sandro is struggling.

We don't have the luxury of dropping him.

In fact, we don't have proper wingers from the start.

Of course. Everyone is responsible but it comes to a point where we should not rely on him because he has gone backwards in years and we bought him as part of the Lukaku deal. He misplaced pass in dangerous area, felling over when taking a shot. Sigurdsson is slow but to put Rooney up front on his own is idiotic. They are just as bad but for me one of them should start as AM not both.

This has more to do with Koeman than the players

He’s just a waste of a position, offers nothing upfront. Drop him back with DCL upfront and he will 10 times more effective.

Is Rooney a good ball player or someone who makes darting CF runs, he is 100% a ball player. Therefore we need to play him in a position where he has the ball and people ahead making runs.

I’m not a big fan of his but you have to play him where he can be effective.
DCL is quick so should be making the CF runs, he also should be the player challenging Centre halves for headers.

Took a buddy of mine to the game today, he's an Arsenal fan for his sins.
End of the game he said, "bloody hell you lot don't half abuse Rooney for actually giving a s***, he's the only one that looks like he has any ability about him".

Everton.

Don't they abuse their greatest ever manager on a daily basis?

Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back