Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it 6 weeks or so ago, as much as he’s trying his heart out, he’s finished and his inclusion in the team has an adverse effect on the team.

Definitely mate, his three league goals (top scorer) and those goals getting us 5 of 8 points (Niasse the only other person to have three points associated with his goals) , is clearly detrimental

Oh no wait it is probably keeping us out of the relegation zone right now.

Can't lead the line. I'd try him alongside Schneids or Gueye either of whom could be dropped.

I don't think he has the discipline to stick to one position, he plays alongside Schneids/Gueye for about 15 minutes of the game (in aggregate) already, usually for a few minutes at a time before he plods back up front or retreats to do a bit of defending.

Definitely mate, his three league goals (top scorer) and those goals getting us 5 of 8 points (Niasse the only other person to have three points associated with his goals) , is clearly detrimental

Oh no wait it is probably keeping us out of the relegation zone right now.
Ok mate you clearly can’t see the bigger picture. I hardly think 3 goals and getting us 5 out of 8 points is a great argument. On the flip side to it you could say the adverse effect on the team he has, has in some way been a reason for us only getting 8 points from 24! If this team eventually strings some wins together playing sublime football in the process and Rooney is part of it then rest assured I will make sure to let you know you were correct

He wasn't even that bad today. Just the usual bedwetters.

It's not that he is bad per se, he obviously feels he has to do it all himself though and he's not sticking to position and when he's playing as a striker, the fact he isn't even the furthest player forward most of the time is a genuine issue. It's stifling our attacks.

It would suit him better with 2 up top. He's just simply trying to do too much and it's not helping.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back