Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's all that experince he's had, playing against the top teams in the world, that's somehow affected his judgement and positional awareness ?

Or, could it be that, he's playing in a team full of players who are all in hiding / can't be arsed and he's trying to lead by example ? ( eventually running out if steam )

I assume the emboldened bit is sarcasm but I'll entertain it. It doesn't matter who he has played against, how many goals he's scored or even how many grannies he's slept with in the past. The fact is him running here there and everywhere, when he's up front is having an adverse effect, it is not helping one bit.

Your second point, like I stated previously in reply to the other gentleman I do agree with,he's not getting much help and I appreciate the fact he's doing his best but whilst it's commendable again, it's not helping he needs to be disciplined if he is our forward. Others do need to step up to the mark though without a shadow of a doubt because he's being hung out to dry by his team mates.

I'd love to be. Only way that'll be proven one way or the other is if/when we play without him and if we get better or worse. Bournemouth comes to mind.

What about Stoke Ian, you know, that game we won, kept a clean sheet, and dominated the second half in?

Come on Ian, you're going through security here and you've forgotten to take your Rabbit out of the bag, you're getting nervous and making mistakes.

What about Stoke Ian, you know, that game we won, kept a clean sheet, and dominated the second half in?

Come on Ian, you're going through security here and you've forgotten to take your Rabbit out of the bag, you're getting nervous and making mistakes.

He did start well. He was really good in the 2nd half V Stoke, but he started well for UTD last season m, he started their first 5-6 games then fell away, he's doing the same again.

When he ran towards Gueye when we had a 5 on 3 break early in the game and he put an end to that chance was enough for me.

He did get us up the pitch when we got up the pitch and without that brain melt Rooney doesn't score, he didn't get in a position to fashion himself one chance today.

I don't hate Rooney, but I never wanted him, but it was something I got caught up in on the first few weeks, but he's getting worse by the game after being very good V Stoke.

He's going to play, so it has to be number 10.

This Stoke^ that I've consistently complimented him on?

I assume the emboldened bit is sarcasm but I'll entertain it. It doesn't matter who he has played against, how many goals he's scored or even how many grannies he's slept with in the past. The fact is him running here there and everywhere, when he's up front is having an adverse effect, it is not helping one bit.

Your second point, like I stated previously in reply to the other gentleman I do agree with,he's not getting much help and I appreciate the fact he's doing his best but whilst it's commendable again, it's not helping he needs to be disciplined if he is our forward. Others do need to step up to the mark though without a shadow of a doubt because he's being hung out to dry by his team mates.

What I'm getting at, is that if he was in a team of players, who were actually doing what they were supposed to be doing, he wouldn't have to come and get the ball all the time / run himself into the ground.

What I'm getting at, is that if he was in a team of players, who were actually doing what they were supposed to be doing, he wouldn't have to come and get the ball all the time / run himself into the ground.
He was accused of doing the same thing at United.

This Stoke^ that I've consistently complimented him on?

So he has actually been playing well this season then Ian, and continues to be effective 8 games in? First game to today? 3 goals, 5 points out of the 8 directly linked to him.

You've managed to prove my point, but your bizarre Good Player myopia that drove you to seat kicking mania against Stones, Lukaku and Barkley has taken over again.

What's going wrong here Ian?

Yes,of course, it doesn't help at all, he must feel like ed Stafford sometimes,left for dead and has to find a way out on his own, poor analogy but I'm watching Ed Stafford.

I was under the impression we had signed leaders and captains this summer, not quite sure what has happened. I don't think the formation suits him either, he obviously hasn't got the legs to lead the line on his own and so by trying to dictate play from everywhere is tiring him out, I'd rather he stuck his foot up some of his team mates bottoms and used his energy in places where he is dangerous.

So he has actually been playing well this season then Ian, and continues to be effective 8 games in? First game to today? 3 goals, 5 points out of the 8 directly linked to him.

You've managed to prove my point, but your bizarre Good Player myopia that drove you to seat kicking mania against Stones, Lukaku and Barkley has taken over again.

What's going wrong here Ian?
all nonsense.im not sure why you are saying that. I'd of rather kept Stones than the £50m I'm desperate for Barkley to stay (but pissed that it appears he's set for Spurs) and amazed we kept Lukaku as long as we did. Rooney at this stage of his career isn't fit to lace any of their boots.
IMG_0635.webp
IMG_0636.webp
IMG_0637.webp

Last edited:

Wrong again lol you wrote off Rooney in the summer and he's piped it riiiiiiiight back up your speeding boarding line

Come on Ian. You can go Premium Economy here and admit you got it wrong.
Mate Rooney is finished at this level. There isn't even an argument to be had.

Wolves could sign him and no one would batter an eye lid.

all nonsense.im not sure why you are saying that. I'd of rather kept Stones than the £50m I'm desperate for Barkley to stay (but pissed that it appears he's set for Spurs) and amazed we kept Lukaku as long as we did. Rooney at this stage of his career isn't fit to lace any of their boots.

Ian we all want to believe this, we do. But let's face the facts - you have essentially been anti all things Everton since the summer of 2013. I was with you on the previous manager but now, now I realise i was enabling your hatred of any Everton bright spot.

Why do you irrationally hate our better players?

Mate Rooney is finished at this level. There isn't even an argument to be had.

Wolves could sign him and no one would batter an eye lid.

Scored 3 goals in 8 league games. More than Benteke, more than Teflon-Bambi, more than Defoe, more than any number of strikers in the league. Not finished.

Also you are a previously banned user

Ian we all want to believe this, we do. But let's face the facts - you have essentially been anti all things Everton since the summer of 2013. I was with you on the previous manager but now, now I realise i was enabling your hatred of any Everton bright spot.

Why do you irrationally hate our better players?
I don't. I don't hate any of them, this is very weird. Not sure what you're trying to prove. I'm pro Moshiri, was pro Koeman and like quite a few of our players. Just not convinced Rooney is as good as you're making out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back