Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. I'm just disappointed with our slow attacking play and he has something to do with it.

Yes Ian, because he plays for Everton, like Pickford, Keane, Baines, Gueye etc etc . They are all responsible for it. This weird vendetta you have against him is baseless. Rooney has got the goals.

Yes Ian, because he plays for Everton, like Pickford, Keane, Baines, Gueye etc etc . They are all responsible for it. This weird vendetta you have against him is baseless. Rooney has got the goals.
It's not a vendetta. I was fully on board when he signed and prepared to back him (in the vaults) I never wanted him though. He started excellently and has dropped since IMHO. The ideal would be that he's great for us.

It's not a vendetta. I was fully on board when he signed and prepared to back him (in the vaults) I never wanted him though. He started excellently and has dropped since IMHO. The ideal would be that he's great for us.
Well yes, he hasn't played as well as he did vs Stoke. But none of them have. We are a team with no confidence.
But that's all of them. And Rooney has, despite playing poorly in some games, is still making a material difference. He's contributing tangibles.
Unlike anyone else, bar Oumar in his brief cameo.

Well yes, he hasn't played as well as he did vs Stoke. But none of them have. We are a team with no confidence.
But that's all of them. And Rooney has, despite playing poorly in some games, is still making a material difference. He's contributing tangibles.

Can I ask you a question Mr MKFrandel as we are agreeing a lot?

If you were on a flight, and the person in front of you put their seat into the reclining position, and you didn't like it, would you:

1. Say it (or)
2. Kick the chair

Can I ask you a question Mr MKFrandel as we are agreeing a lot?

If you were on a flight, and the person in front of you put their seat into the reclining position, and you didn't like it, would you:

1. Say it (or)
2. Kick the chair
I'd advise anyone else in that situation to say something.

I would absolutely kick the chair.

You?

This is the Rooney thread, it does not mean I'm placing all or even a large portion of blame on him, the majority is on Koeman, not Wayne. Schneiderlin has been equally disappointing, Williams more so, Baines (pained me to say it) often goes backwards, Sigurdsson looks like he's going t be a financial disaster, even Gana hasn't been the same since afcon.

I've just been debating my thoughts on Rooney in the Rooney thread.

Let's hope he gets back to his Stoke form, which to be fair was pre Sigurdsson, when he was slotting some great balls through.

I feel there was a metaphor in there somewhere that's gone over my head here mate.
Were we not actually talking about Ryanair etiquette?

We were actually talking about dangerous insurrectionist @ianefc ruining people's holidays by kicking them in the back and how this all stems from his irrational hatred of good Everton players.

It's a warning to all of us

Look I'll put my personal enmity aside for a moment and say at times this season Rooney has been our best player,but that's because we have been so poor. Mourinho who once tried to sign him dropped him because he believed he was no longer a top six player. His performances bore this out ,he was ponderously slow but was still capable of a good pass and an eye for a goal. The argument went that when he came here he would recover some of his undoubted talent.
This hasn't been the case the player I watch is the same player who has struggled at Utd. Same flaws , same ability score the odd goal or a good pass. He's past his best by far , not good enough for were we dream of being, but sadly good enough for where we are.
He looks generally decent for us currently because as the saying goes ' In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king'

We were actually talking about dangerous insurrectionist @ianefc ruining people's holidays by kicking them in the back and how this all stems from his irrational hatred of good Everton players.

I've already proven you wrong on all of this. But if you're keeping yourself entertained, enjoy.

Ah that absolutely went over my head mate.
I understand @ianefc has frustrations but he vents far more frequently about Rooney than he does others, seemingly. So to say you're doing innocently just because this is the Rooney thread, and not because you're being sensationalist, I don't buy Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back