Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah that absolutely went over my head mate.
I understand @ianefc has frustrations but he vents far more frequently about Rooney than he does others, seemingly. So to say you're doing innocently just because this is the Rooney thread, and not because you're being sensationalist, I don't buy Ian.
I was just replying to replies nothing more, I don't think I've posted in this thread a non reply for a good while, much like I debated Schneiderlin with you in the Schneiderlin thread.

Oh look, the same argument the Seat Kickers are trying to apply to Everton.

Dangerous insurrectionists who will stop at nothing to ruin holidays and Everton
Can I just clear something up.
Is having a sly dig in the back of seat on an actual air plane not ok? Under any circumstances?
Because I need to know alright mate?

United realised quite quickly 2/3 years ago that Rooney was done as a centre forward. The qualities he once had which made him a top centre forward were lost due to older age. Hense they moved him into midfield to try and utilise him

Why then are we now playing him as a centre forward when it became quite clear at United he has lost the ability to be effective in that area of the pitch!!

Him trying to dribble past the first man but fail at every attempt is a pain to watch.

The manager is blind to play him as center forward but frequently allow him to drop back to as deep as number 8 is causing the whole team to lose its shape.

Weird that every team Rooney has played in for last 3 years has been boring, slow and ponderous. But the one common denominator is never to blame

Do you think United was boring, slow and ponderous last season mate?

If you say yes, then I would tell you that Rooney didn't play much for us last season, especially for league games. Yet, we finished only one spot above you guys, even with players like Zlatan, Pogba and Mkhitaryan.

If you say no, that we were much better last season with a lot less of Rooney's involvement compared to the previous two seasons, then I would tell you that it was LVG who set up how we played in those seasons, and that we finished higher up the table then, with Rooney as one of our main goal and assist contributors.

I don't represent opinion of United fans about him though, there are some of us who think that he is not even a championship level player anymore, and I'm quite sure that they won't disagree about him being the common denominator of our boring, slow and ponderous play in the last three years :)

Him trying to dribble past the first man but fail at every attempt is a pain to watch.

The manager is blind to play him as center forward but frequently allow him to drop back to as deep as number 8 is causing the whole team to lose its shape.
Agreed, he's done in that position. Him or Sigurdsson behind a striker and bench the other.

Can I just clear something up.
Is having a sly dig in the back of seat on an actual air plane not ok? Under any circumstances?
Because I need to know alright mate?

Whatever you do, don't ask dangerous insurrectionist @ianefc , a man you certainly would want to keep in full sight at all times

It was Martinez last time, then Lukaku, Stones, Barkley, then Koeman, now Rooney. Very dangerous.

Rooney shouldn't be near the first 11.

Let's play a 4-2-3-1. Sigurdsson behind a striker. Pace on the wings. Just one defensive midfielder and one 'creator'.

Score goals.

Football is simple like.

United realised quite quickly 2/3 years ago that Rooney was done as a centre forward. The qualities he once had which made him a top centre forward were lost due to older age. Hense they moved him into midfield to try and utilise him

Why then are we now playing him as a centre forward when it became quite clear at United he has lost the ability to be effective in that area of the pitch!!
I'd say because Koeman is desperate to have/find a focal point up top in that position. The obvious thing to do was to buy a capable forward who can actually play in that position, hold it up and bring others into play. And also to occupy the oppositions centre backs. But we all know what happened in the window.

Whatever you do, don't ask dangerous insurrectionist @ianefc , a man you certainly would want to keep in full sight at all times

It was Martinez last time, then Lukaku, Stones, Barkley, then Koeman, now Rooney. Very dangerous.
I never had you down as a liar, fortunately the vaults are there for a reason.

A grown man peddling lies and starting threads because I'm not a fan of Rooneylollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back