Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes a lot of bottle to step up and score a last minute penalty to prevent getting beaten. Especially when you aren't playing well and probably realises that the knives are out for him and with two other decent penalty takers in the wings that score more often than not.

So thanks for putting it in Wayne. A draw is not the result we hoped and wanted but still far better than losing.

I never had you down as a liar, fortunately the vaults are there for a reason.

A grown man peddling lies and starting threads because I'm not a fan of Rooneylollollol

People only need look at the last few pages in here and the Lukaku thread to see what you've become Ian.

Put down the passive aggressive stuff and face down your problems. Kicking chairs now, erectile dysfunction next, who knows where it may lead?

Wayne has been good for us. Allow yourself to see this

People only need look at the last few pages in here and the Lukaku thread to see what you've become Ian.

Put down the passive aggressive stuff and face down your problems. Kicking chairs now, erectile dysfunction next, who knows where it may lead?

Wayne has been good for us. Allow yourself to see this
Oh, I see, it's my current view on Manchester Uniteds Lukaku that means I was hammering him last season. Interesting.

Oh, I see, it's my current view on Manchester Uniteds Lukaku that means I was hammering him last season. Interesting.

Get behind the players Ian, get behind Rooney.

Actually on second thoughts stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

Had the bottle to take and score the penalty, also appears to make an impact on most games he play. He is in no way the problem, needs to have pace and movement around him.

We are so desperate for Coleman and Bolasie.
Coleman and Bolasie being seen as our saviours at the moment. And my oh my I'm desperate for these two coming back too!
But its asking a hell of alot for them to be up to speed and help stop this rut we're in. Its going to take weeks and games for that, and by then where will we be?
It'll be like having 2 new signings though ;)

Had the bottle to take and score the penalty, also appears to make an impact on most games he play. He is in no way the problem, needs to have pace and movement around him.

Agreed I don't think Rooney is the problem, he would be quite good as long as everyone is on top form around him and perhaps he wouldn't feel like he has to do everything. However he does become the problem when Sigurdsson is playing, it has to be one or the other, but that is Ronks fault.

Like you say we need more width to have an out ball and some cut and thrust to start getting opposition players back peddling.

Interesting reading some of the posts on here. For me Rooney was finished years ago and he is indeed a large part of the problem at Everton right now. He's been shoe-horned in to a side at the expense of others, when he's not good enough. He drops way too deep demanding the ball, and strangely seems to get it from everyone, and all he does is knock if backwards or sideways. He's the pass that doesn't need to be made. If we do advance up the pitch (very slowly) then he's never in the box like you would expect of the player playing as a striker, because he's dropping deep so he can lay it off to someone else.

He appears to give the ball away a lot as well. If he tried to re-invent himself as a penalty box striker and stayed in and around the box, then I think we'd have a better shape and he may enjoy some success cos he has a decent finish on him, although perhaps not the legs to gain his space and angles etc.

He's like the older kid in the street who wasn't very good at footy, but everyone was weary of cos he was a bit mental and bigger than everyone else, so when he played people passed to him etc. Some people would think he was the best player as a result, when he was anything but.

Whoever was in charge of Summer recruitment should take the hit and go. What started decently with Pickford and Keane, turned in to a dis-jointed disaster.

Wayne can do a job but he's limited, not one player can carry us this season.

People pinning hopes on Coleman and Bolassie is never goign to work, even if they come back with no issues its going to be new year before they are firing on all cylinders, jesus, one had a broken leg and the other one snapped everything going.

There is a bigger problem than this, starts with the manager and the coaches.

Won't make a blind bit of difference. He had far better players around him at Old Trafford and they couldn't wait to get of him. Rooney has looked alright so far this season because everyone else has been shocking.

has there been any suggestion that Koeman is required to play him? some sort of marketing and/or contract clause? i hope we're not that sort of team...

but it's hard to make sense of it otherwise... even sports journos who probably see no more of us that what match of the day allows have long since worked out that he and sigurdsson (or klassen) can't play together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back