Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
has there been any suggestion that Koeman is required to play him? some sort of marketing and/or contract clause? i hope we're not that sort of team...

but it's hard to make sense of it otherwise... even sports journos who probably see no more of us that what match of the day allows have long since worked out that he and sigurdsson (or klassen) can't play together
Has he not been dropped to the bench once?

For me he needs to be deeper, play him alongside gana. Hes not a striker anymore, and not got the legs to carry it forward in a number 10. Still got a good range of passing and can get more touches in cm to stop him chasing after the ball constantly.
short of a ball and chain, until his brain stops writing cheques his legs can't cash it won't happen

Has he not been dropped to the bench once?

Burnley, I think, for all of 60 minutes

He is trying his best... I'm not blaming him, but like @BillLovesRoo says, there is no cohesion. Far from the first time managers have had no idea what to do with him.

4-2-3-1 with Sigurdsson in the middle, and two wingers please - at least until that doesn't work

Don't people realise without Rooney we would be bottom with 3 points

This is what is wrong with football in a nutshell. Media football. He plays awful all game, not disciplined enough to hold his position, forces the play backwards cos he drops so deep all the time, and means we play without a striker basically. But cos he scored a last minute penalty that half of the team would have scored anyway, he's classed as the saviour.

This is what is wrong with football in a nutshell. Media football. He plays awful all game, not disciplined enough to hold his position, forces the play backwards cos he drops so deep all the time, and means we play without a striker basically. But cos he scored a last minute penalty that half of the team would have scored anyway, he's classed as the saviour.
Can't think of one player I would have trusted, to score that last minute pen, perhaps Baines, and his confidence doesn't look sky high.

has there been any suggestion that Koeman is required to play him? some sort of marketing and/or contract clause? i hope we're not that sort of team...

but it's hard to make sense of it otherwise... even sports journos who probably see no more of us that what match of the day allows have long since worked out that he and sigurdsson (or klassen) can't play together
--------------Pickford------
Kenny---Keane---Jags---Baines
------------Gana/Snides---------
Davies--Rooney--Siggy--Vlasic--
---------------DCL-----------------
Let Rooney drop deeper into midfield at times and Siggy further up as a 10. Swap over to keep things dynamic. As City do with De Bruyne and Silva. But much slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back