Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame Wayne because he's trying harder than probably any other player. But he's just so selfish and ill disciplined. He's the worst option at centre forward probably in the whole league.

I blame Koeman and Walsh and the board for thinking this could work. I was terrified last April time that we'd sell Lukaku and replace with Rooney. I convinced myself it just simply wouldn't happen. Lo and behold....
Spot on. He truly became a black hole once Sir Alex left United. I think if he was used correctly, he could have a positive impact on the team. I just didn't find it necessary to bring him in if we were looking to move on as a team.

We might not try if the new man doesn't fancy him, if we do try, I think it'd be naive to think that Giroud hasn't given us the "go ahead" he didn't turn us down for financial reasons, it do you think he did?

I wouldn't waste more time over Giroud. But if Koeman is manager then I think it's inevitable we'll spend the whole winding faffing while he fawns over him.

He has been our best player by a mile this season and people are blaming/slating Wayne. Our fan base is unreal at times.

The lad has had absolutely no service when left isolated up by himself, so he drops deep to get involved. He shouldn't be left up there by himself as it has never been his game. When playing number 10 there is nothing in front of him. Sandro gets a nosebleed if he goes in the box and DCL is constantly having to go wide due the non-existence of any width.

We have so many things wrong this season in how we are set up. For me Rooney has been a bright spot. Every game player, maybe not, however, deffo not the reason we are crap.
He hasn't. This is the type of thinking that will keep us an average club for a very long time. Our fans are happy to gobble up has-beens like Rooney when we should be aiming for better players, or at the very least, promising talent.

I think his overall game/presence on the pitch is counterproductive.

Thought it would be the case - as it was at Man Utd.

He'll have a great game every 20, and for the rest it'll be this;

I imagine that's why MU kept him there for 13 years mainly as their highest paid player then?

I imagine that's why MU kept him there for 13 years mainly as their highest paid player then?
You only need to witness how popular he was on our trip to Gor Mahia to realize why he still has this massive contract. He is a branding machine. Rooney has always been popular world wide. He is essentially the ambassador of the English game. He has earned that title tbf, but he is long past his best.

I think his overall game/presence on the pitch is counterproductive.

Thought it would be the case - as it was at Man Utd.

He'll have a great game every 20, and for the rest it'll be this;

That was what I feared when the deal was being talked of. She's on the money, he did nothing in an attacking sense on Sunday from open play. It was embarrassing when he ran towards Gana (and his own half) when we had a 5 on 3 break going.

I wouldn't waste more time over Giroud. But if Koeman is manager then I think it's inevitable we'll spend the whole winding faffing while he fawns over him.
It wouldn't surprise if it was already being done, this early part of the season may have proved to Giroud that for the sake of playing time he should've made the move in the summer.

That was what I feared when the deal was being talked of. She's on the money, he did nothing in an attacking sense on Sunday from open play. It was embarrassing when he ran towards Gana (and his own half) when we had a 5 on 3 break going.

He scored the equaliser Ian, to save us from another even greater embarrassment. Oh but not from open play? Hmm, I remember when the previous regime would say goals from corners weren't as satisfying, you were alllllllll over it.

3 games, 8 goals, been better than most of the squad in Europe too.

He scored the equaliser Ian, to save us from another even greater embarrassment. Oh but not from open play? Hmm, I remember when the previous regime would say goals from corners weren't as satisfying, you were alllllllll over it.

3 games, 8 goals, been better than most of the squad in Europe too.

I know you're a fan, but come on he's not been quite that good m8.

At the same time, because of his profile we knew what the risk was in signing him and the traits he now shows on the pitch, I have quite a few Manchester United supporting friends and to a man they've all been done with him for the past 2 years, if you listened to the GOT podcast on him

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/listen-everton-could-reignite-wayne-rooney.97600/

He had similar doubts on him.

He's now scored 1 in 6 PL games and that was a pen he had nothing to do with winning and had we not conceded he'd of been off the pitch as he was about to be hooked, again.

at least he's actually bloody scored though! His 1 in 6 is more to do with our no creation policy rather than his ability. The rest of the squad has barely scored in that time and we've barely had any shots either. I thought we were buying a player who wouldn't be playing every minute like he's being asked to. If we got in that striker then he wouldn't have been and he would have been fresher and probably played a better role, but i'm not going to stand here and berate our leading scorer in a team that can't score, can't create and doesn't keep clean sheets. There's definitely 100 more things to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back