Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least he's actually bloody scored though! His 1 in 6 is more to do with our no creation policy rather than his ability. The rest of the squad has barely scored in that time and we've barely had any shots either. I thought we were buying a player who wouldn't be playing every minute like he's being asked to. If we got in that striker then he wouldn't have been and he would have been fresher and probably played a better role, but i'm not going to stand here and berate our leading scorer in a team that can't score, can't create and doesn't keep clean sheets. There's definitely 100 more things to worry about.
I believe if he wasn't in the team we'd be a better attacking unit/team. Our most fluent and intense 1/2 of attacking play this season came once he was taken off in the Bournemouth game. We will have to see Everton without him in the team to see if we can improve without him. If he plays then no problem, just drop Sigurdsson.

He hasn't. This is the type of thinking that will keep us an average club for a very long time. Our fans are happy to gobble up has-beens like Rooney when we should be aiming for better players, or at the very least, promising talent.
Who has been better than him over our 15 odd games this season.....

Not saying he has been fantastic but I honestly can't think of anyone who has been better.... bar maybe the keeper FFS

Maybe not for them, but we're not MU are we? Whatever happened to the concept of getting behind our players?

They finished directly above us last season. We were closer to them 8 points than the team below us... 15 points.

What happened to the concept of NSNO?

He's no longer good enough to be an integral player for any team with any genuine aspiration to compete at the top.

Saying so isn't a lack of support.

His first touch is currently Kevin Kilbane bad. He touches it and has to go collect it ten yards away or more often than not has to throw himself into a tackle as he's just gifted the opposition possession

Yeah I've noticed this all season. I put it down to early season rustiness when he was doing it in the Ruzomberok and Split games, but it's got absolutely no better, his touch looks so heavy and unnatural.

They finished directly above us last season. We were closer to them 8 points than the team below us... 15 points.

What happened to the concept of NSNO?

He's no longer good enough to be an integral player for any team with any genuine aspiration to compete at the top.

Saying so isn't a lack of support.

He's an Everton player so actually ,yes, it is a lack of support !

Honestly - In all my time supporting the club "swopping" Lukaku for Rooney - in that we've had games with him upfront this season when we had Rom last season - is the most depressing thing we've done because I genuinely thought we would kick on.
Like going into a garage to sell your 4 year old Ferrari expecting to come out with a £100 grand and finding you've left with £75grand and a clapped out 20year old jaguar with a ropey gearbox and exhaust problems. We've been had.

Honestly - In all my time supporting the club "swopping" Lukaku for Rooney - in that we've had games with him upfront this season when we had Rom last season - is the most depressing thing we've done because I genuinely thought we would kick on.
we didn't swap Lukaku for Rooney......We sold Lukaku for £90m and Wayne came here as some part of the deal.....He's also our new top goalscorer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back