Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame Wayne because he's trying harder than probably any other player. But he's just so selfish and ill disciplined. He's the worst option at centre forward probably in the whole league.

I blame Koeman and Walsh and the board for thinking this could work. I was terrified last April time that we'd sell Lukaku and replace with Rooney. I convinced myself it just simply wouldn't happen. Lo and behold....

Don't blame Wayne because he's trying harder than probably any other player. But he's just so selfish and ill disciplined. He's the worst option at centre forward probably in the whole league.

I blame Koeman and Walsh and the board for thinking this could work. I was terrified last April time that we'd sell Lukaku and replace with Rooney. I convinced myself it just simply wouldn't happen. Lo and behold....
I think Rooney was a Walsh signing (going off how he talked about him on that Sky Sports day at Finch Farm) and the other two Klaassen and Sigurdsson were Koeman signings.

Klaassen being so bad (this far) has or at least should if made it a straight choice between Rooney and Sigurdsson for the number 10 role with the other on the bench, but a mix of us not getting a striker and I assume pressure from above means both are playing, meaning we look disjointed and extremely pedestrian going forward. Rooney is way way too slow to play up front and Sigurdsson hasn't impressed wide.

Rooneys best performance so far against Stoke was on the right, when he played some brilliant balls through to DCL. Been downhill since. One needs to be dropped, ideally Rooney.

Amazing how rooney is blamed for others failing, worth remembering he has contributed a lot more than these failures have this season, he's the one positive influence on the pitch, has a go at the ref, doesn't hide, looks more of a leader than that coward at the back jags

Kids look up to the captain, the example the man with the armband sets shapes not only the young boys on the squad but also young evertonians in the community.

Praising Wayne and Slating Jags? Have a word with yourself.

Kids look up to the captain, the example the man with the armband sets shapes not only the young boys on the squad but also young evertonians in the community.

Praising Wayne and Slating Jags? Have a word with yourself.
his cowardice after bruno elbowed DCL was the last straw in one of the most spineless leaders I've ever seen, captains look after their team, worry about all that good role model crap later

You're right mate not replacing Lukaku with a proper, proven-goal scorer at this level was naive of Koeman. I know you went in for Giroud quite late - Do you think you'll try again in January or do you think that ship has sailed now?

It was a free transfer, if he was a low profile player, people would be saying it's been very positive so far. If we had some pace and energy he'd be much better off. He's clearly trying to do too much because what's behind him is performing utterly terribly at the moment. Get a boss striker and things would be a lot better imo or alternatively wingers.

It was a free transfer, if he was a low profile player, people would be saying it's been very positive so far. If we had some pace and energy he'd be much better off. He's clearly trying to do too much because what's behind him is performing utterly terribly at the moment. Get a boss striker and things would be a lot better imo or alternatively wingers.
At the same time, because of his profile we knew what the risk was in signing him and the traits he now shows on the pitch, I have quite a few Manchester United supporting friends and to a man they've all been done with him for the past 2 years, if you listened to the GOT podcast on him

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/listen-everton-could-reignite-wayne-rooney.97600/

He had similar doubts on him.

He's now scored 1 in 6 PL games and that was a pen he had nothing to do with winning and had we not conceded he'd of been off the pitch as he was about to be hooked, again.

He has been our best player by a mile this season and people are blaming/slating Wayne. Our fan base is unreal at times.

The lad has had absolutely no service when left isolated up by himself, so he drops deep to get involved. He shouldn't be left up there by himself as it has never been his game. When playing number 10 there is nothing in front of him. Sandro gets a nosebleed if he goes in the box and DCL is constantly having to go wide due the non-existence of any width.

We have so many things wrong this season in how we are set up. For me Rooney has been a bright spot. Every game player, maybe not, however, deffo not the reason we are crap.

We'll try yes of course. We will also fail.
We might not try if the new man doesn't fancy him, if we do try, I think it'd be naive to think that Giroud hasn't given us the "go ahead" he didn't turn us down for financial reasons, it do you think he did?

At the same time, because of his profile we knew what the risk was in signing him and the traits he now shows on the pitch, I have quite a few Manchester United supporting friends and to a man they've all been done with him for the past 2 years, if you listened to the GOT podcast on him

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/listen-everton-could-reignite-wayne-rooney.97600/

He had similar doubts on him.

He's now scored 1 in 6 PL games and that was a pen he had nothing to do with winning and had we not conceded he'd of been off the pitch as he was about to be hooked, again.

lol, bad even by your recent standards that interpretation.

He's got 3 in 8. Them's the facts. He's been one of the few decent players for us and you've been proven wrong again.

Surely there must be something about Everton that you like?

He has been our best player by a mile this season and people are blaming/slating Wayne. Our fan base is unreal at times.

The lad has had absolutely no service when left isolated up by himself, so he drops deep to get involved. He shouldn't be left up there by himself as it has never been his game. When playing number 10 there is nothing in front of him. Sandro gets a nosebleed if he goes in the box and DCL is constantly having to go wide due the non-existence of any width.

We have so many things wrong this season in how we are set up. For me Rooney has been a bright spot. Every game player, maybe not, however, deffo not the reason we are crap.

Here you go @ianefc , here's some actual sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back