2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate, and for one reason, the fairytale of it, nothing based on facts or evidence which show clearly he's been declining badly for three to four years now
Couple of mates who are united fans had serious reservations about what Rooney could still offer us. They were not being disrespectful to Rooney and have admired what he did for them. They just said to me, although he has all the motivation in the world to do well for us, they doubted whether he could physically still do it. They have been proven right.

Legs can't do what he wants them to anymore, can't stay with people who go past him and highlighted today was the couple of times he tried to dive in and completely missed ball and player, did the same in games for United last year as well, unless your picking a team to compliment him he can't be starting, and he's not good enough to build a team around him anymore.

Worth the gamble but the gamble has failed.
Don't think we should have touched him but if i was going to play him it would be off Niasse. I think he could do a job there. Play him for the first hour and then bring him off. You'd have to say though that if we hadn't of signed him, Siggurdson or Klaasen we would be £80 million better off and better off on the pitch.

Needs to stay at the top end of the pitch or not be on it at all. Keeps coming too far into our half and trying risky passes.
Yep play him off Niasse. One thing i did notice today at the end of the game, Rooney, Basic and Beni all came back onto the pitch and congratulated the rest of the players. No sign of Siggurdson or Williams or Robles.

Yep play him off Niasse. One thing i did notice today at the end of the game, Rooney, Basic and Beni all came back onto the pitch and congratulated the rest of the players. No sign of Siggurdson or Williams or Robles.

This is an excellent observation...

Great to see Rooney, Besic, & Beni come back on the pitch to congratulate & celebrate the win today...we have to be a team to succeed & team spirit is a big bonus when you win as a team, the fact that siggy, Williams or Robles did not speaks volumes about them as team players...

Say what you want about Rooney he is a blue & will fight for this team to succeed let's hope the new manager can install some TEAM spirit & weed out the ones who don't care....

This is an excellent observation...

Great to see Rooney, Besic, & Beni come back on the pitch to congratulate & celebrate the win today...we have to be a team to succeed & team spirit is a big bonus when you win as a team, the fact that siggy, Williams or Robles did not speaks volumes about them as team players...

Say what you want about Rooney he is a blue & will fight for this team to succeed let's hope the new manager can install some TEAM spirit & weed out the ones who don't care....
I feel for him a bit because even though i didn't want us to sign him you can see he really cares and is putting a shift in. Like you say we need everyone working hard and pulling together. I think Unsworth is clearly getting something out of the players spirit wise that Koeman wasn't. I'm sure that as the games are going on its becoming pretty clear to Unsworth who he can rely on to fight for the team. Rooney is one of those. His legs may have gone but his spirit is still there and i think that's the reason Unsworth is playing him. I'd be playing him off Niasse for an hour then bringing a sub on. Wouldn't have Siggurdson in the team to be honest.

I feel for him a bit because even though i didn't want us to sign him you can see he really cares and is putting a shift in. Like you say we need everyone working hard and pulling together. I think Unsworth is clearly getting something out of the players spirit wise that Koeman wasn't. I'm sure that as the games are going on its becoming pretty clear to Unsworth who he can rely on to fight for the team. Rooney is one of those. His legs may have gone but his spirit is still there and i think that's the reason Unsworth is playing him. I'd be playing him off Niasse for an hour then bringing a sub on. Wouldn't have Siggurdson in the team to be honest.
Siggurdson is a world class player , his performances for Swansea last season displayed his abilities. I'm amazed how a certain section of people are determined to write him off . He has just moved to a train wreck of a club and is definately struggling but his talent is widely acknowledged. He is the star player of a far better team than England( admittedly that ain't saying much). Given time he will be an important player to us , of this I'm certain.

Early days with Siggo, wish we'd learn to stop giving up on lads after a couple of months. Joel is a liability, though.

People are crying he should play over Rooney, that we need a striker for him to feed, but he hasn't done a tap or made an impression

Well...Rooney needs a striker to play off too.

His legs are gone but still created more chances than anyone in the side, should've had an assist today, 2 against Leicester too.

One thing I noticed with Rooney today, that period of stoppage when Gomes and the defender with getting treatment, Wayne was going to every single one of our players talking to them and showing leadership (bear in mind we were 1-0 down and would go 2-0 down minutes later) yet our so called Captain Jagielka was stood dormant as ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back