2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely mad that he's been welcomed back with such open arms, after kissing his badge the day we mourned Alan Ball, then turning up to play for us again at league 1 standard, and being done drink driving trying to cheat on his bird

Plus we're paying him £100k a week. This will be looked back on as one of the most ridiculous things our club has ever done, and that's saying something.

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our ground, he's an utter embarrassment.

I think a big problem is that he just ignores the manager, reagardless of his instructions.

Despite all the missed place passes and blowing his lungs out every game, he still remains one of our most important players.

Every time he goes off we raise our game by several levels and instantly look a goal threat. I don't think he's as important as some make out/want him to be.

Every time he goes off we raise our game by several levels and instantly look a goal threat. I don't think he's as important as some make out/want him to be.

I think some of the younger players are kind of in awe of him, which means they allow him to have as much of the ball as he wants.

It's down to the next manager to get the best out of him and keep him further up the pitch.

He was lucky that he got subbed when we were in the middle of celebrating a goal.

He was a shoe-in to be booed off the pitch yesterday.

This is what I like about Wayne. I really want it to work out with him, but I think that needs two things :-

Firstly, we need to be doing much better than we are, which will mean he won't feel the need to wander all over the pitch and he'll be able to influence the game where it matters.

Secondly, we need a manager who has the balls to bollock him for wandering out of position while searching for the ball and drag him off if he ignores the manager ( which might be partly why he was subbed today ).

I like that about him too.
We have to make it work with him. He's still got talent, maybe he just needs proper fitness and the last few years of LVG and JM they didn't really push his fitness. Fergie probably still pushed and pushed him to get the best out of him.

Hes played a lot of football since a 16 years old , at the top and always under pressure to perform , I'm really sorry that its all over . The only way for him to carry on is stand in the middle (Pirlo-esque) but I'm not sure we can afford him that luxury at the present time.

The whole point of signing him was to have an impact, on the field and off it.

It's hard to be an impact player if Koeman signs a heap of rubbish and no striker and it's thrust upon him to try and carry the team despite every man and his dog knowing he's not the player he was 10 years ago.

The abuse hurled on Wayne is a shocker.
He's definitely making an impact off the pitch. Drink driving and working at the local garden centre serving his community service.

Fantastic blue is our Waz, a real role model.

I like that about him too.
We have to make it work with him. He's still got talent, maybe he just needs proper fitness and the last few years of LVG and JM they didn't really push his fitness. Fergie probably still pushed and pushed him to get the best out of him.

He's probably as fit as he's ever going to be mate. What he needs to do is recognise he can't make up the ground like he used to and use his, undoubtedly, superior football nouse to make up for having lost his turn of pace.

Until, or unless, he learns that lesson, he'll underachieve. I hope the penny drops with him, but fear it won't.

Rooney will be fine he just needs to be used more sparingly....does not need to start every game either...

He will score goals this season 10-15 & be an influence with a young developing talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back