2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time he goes off we raise our game by several levels and instantly look a goal threat. I don't think he's as important as some make out/want him to be.
He’s still a good player but he doesn’t have a role. There’s no structure when he plays because he goes wherever he pleases and crowds other players out of their actual positions. Pick a lane Wayne.

He may be in the slow lane stage of his career but his ability is still in top gear & his brain is like a Ferrari that surpasses most other footballers...

Rooney to steer Everton up the table & drive them into Europe...

He may be in the slow lane stage of his career but his ability is still in top gear & his brain is like a Ferrari that surpasses most other footballers...

e7c062ef65170b257300c9d0d457c85f.gif

If Rooney is not playing, who is going to create chances from open play? Any player can create chances sometimes, but only certain players can create them regularly.

Key passes per game might indicate the amount of chances a player creates for the team. Rooney has at least 1.4 key passes per league game in the last few years as per whoscored. There are only three other players who have comparable numbers in each of the last few years, Barkley who is injured, Gylfi who may have created many from set piece, and Baines who is a full back.

I think Rooney is more important as a playmaker who create chances rather than a goalscorer. If you have a playmaker who also scores a decent amount of goals, how can he not play?

He misplaces the majority of passes he attempts. His footballing brain has gone, his legs have gone. Just get rid of him.

If he was a horse, we'd have been using the glue three years ago.

Reading stories about him holding lock-ins and getting hammered the season before we sign him. It's like we do no research or possibly the club read this forum and do the exact opposite of what the majority of fans are screaming is needed.

He misplaces the majority of passes he attempts. His footballing brain has gone, his legs have gone. Just get rid of him.

If he was a horse, we'd have been using the glue three years ago.
I agree with marcus, and me and @Adam-GOTTV talk about just this on the latest GOT podcast.

His head is there, but can his body match it?

Still has something to offer if used correctly, and I don’t think he anticipated this much game time.

I agree with marcus, and me and @Adam-GOTTV talk about just this on the latest GOT podcast.

His head is there, but can his body match it?

Still has something to offer if used correctly, and I don’t think he anticipated this much game time.
He doesn’t follow the manager’s instructions. He’ll start the game up top and drift so far back because of how ineffective he is. He has no positional discipline at all.

If his name wasn’t Wayne Rooney, the press would be giving him a much harder time for putting in them performances whilst earning the top wage in the club’s history.

If Rooney is not playing, who is going to create chances from open play? Any player can create chances sometimes, but only certain players can create them regularly.

Key passes per game might indicate the amount of chances a player creates for the team. Rooney has at least 1.4 key passes per league game in the last few years as per whoscored. There are only three other players who have comparable numbers in each of the last few years, Barkley who is injured, Gylfi who may have created many from set piece, and Baines who is a full back.

I think Rooney is more important as a playmaker who create chances rather than a goalscorer. If you have a playmaker who also scores a decent amount of goals, how can he not play?

Key passes is an utter nothing statistic.

For a player of his ability Rooney's passing is incredibly erratic.

He does have a role for this season but he simply has to stick to the position he is given otherwise it is pointless. I dont want to see him charging down into the left back position throwing in a stupid tackle whilst gurning like an idiot.

Stay up top and get on the end of things.

Off the bench, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back